I hate Quicken

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Jun 26, 2023.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I have a customer that needs to open a Quicken 14 document. They don't have the app anymore and cannot find the installer. Intuit wants to sell them a copy at full price in order to recover this one price. Now I remember why I hate some companies...

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

https://archive.org/details/quicken-2015

It should be backwards compatible?, not 100%, but import features might work if not.

Not sure their registration will work though, I've never used it myself.

3. Glenn

4. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

5. pacav69

6. pacav69

7. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Hey Pacav, has RarBG changed things since I've last used them? All of the various torrent/magnet links available for the Quicken link you provided, and any other download on the site I could find, all link to a register page, which gives a 404 error. What gives?

8. pacav69

I use adblocker found here perhaps that is what i don't see.
    The original rarbg has closed down but i found an alternative pne that has most of the torrents.

9. pacav69

perhaps try and use a mirror of rarbg

try here

10. Glenn

The magnet links work fine from that RarBG site, and it works even in geo locked or internet host blocks if you use Tor browser - I honestly can't say enough how useful that browser can be when needed... you can even use it on your phone.

11. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Pacav, I use the same adblocker, along with a VPN, but I couldn't get a reliable link at any of the couple of alternate versions of rarbg I tried from the list you provided. I had much better luck at https://rargb.to/. I was able to get a valid magnet link for your quickbooks link, but though I could load the page for the quicken link you listed, neither the torrent file nor the magnet link were a valid download link. Glenn's links worked fine.

Glenn, I don't know what to say. Even using the latest version of the Tor browser, every magnet link for the quicken link Pacav provided, at every mirror of rarbg I tried, did not show a valid magnet link, instead it showed the link as https://www2.rarbggo.to/register/ which just loaded spam into the browser if clicked, even the Tor browser. The quickbooks link worked, and your original links both worked.

12. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Thanks everyone! I FINALLY got a copy that they could use.