Free Web Server runs on Linux, MacOS, and Windows 95 thru 10

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by bphlpt, Aug 12, 2017.

1. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I was pretty amazed at the feature list for this free Web server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abyss Web Server

Compact, easy to use and feature-rich
    Abyss Web Server is a compact web server available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems.

Despite its small footprint, it supports HTTP/1.1, secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), IPv6, on-the-fly HTTP compression, dynamic content generation through CGI/FastCGI scripts, ISAPI extensions, native ASP.NET, reverse proxying, eXtended Side Includes (XSSI), custom error pages, password protection, IP address control, anti-leeching, bandwidth throttling, and log rotation.

It also features an automatic antihacking system as well as a multilingual remote web management interface that makes its configuration as easy as browsing a web site.

All the Features

Supported operating systems

[​IMG] All editions (32-bit and 64-bit) of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
    All editions (32-bit and 64-bit) of Windows Server 2012, 2008, Home Server, and 2003
    Windows 2000, NT 4.0, ME, 98, and 95
    [​IMG] Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.3 (Panther), and 10.2 (Jaguar) on PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers
    [​IMG] Linux for Intel x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) : any modern distribution - needs GLIBC 2.4 or later - Kernel 2.4 or later

Available in two editions

Depending on your use and your needs, you may choose one of the two available editions (what's the difference?):

Abyss Web Server X1 Free Download
    Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
    Abyss Web Server X2 Buy Now
    Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of update protection (includes free access to new versions and priority technical support).

Screenshots More

[​IMG]

The Freezer and Glenn like this.
  2. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Wow, impressive.

Can't wait for the ppApp. ;)

3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Done, but wasn't sure where to put the shortcut(s) (dual-arch) so I put it in Download Managers, like FileZilla. Probably not best but I didn't know where else to put it.

4. The Freezer

Yeah, I guess we don't really have a startmenu category for apps like that. We never considered apps like XAMPP.

5. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

That was because we never aimed our stuff for business use, if you think it's time to focus on them then we will need a few more options, Web Hosting is just one category we need to add, we would also need to offer the option of different sort methods for Standard users and Admin Users (which we currently don't) so it will be a fairly big job to support business purposes with SetupS. In reality it is a Download Manager, just other peoples downloads :D

bphlpt and The Freezer like this.
  6. The Freezer

True. They could also be a category within "Development" as well