Repository Applications Update Information

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Glenn, May 17, 2015.

1. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Oops. LOL

I meant to say we'd been talking about VPN options because of the latest insanity regarding Internet privacy-for-sale, net neutrality, and copyright trolling.

Trouba likes this.
  2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Hehe, I thought I might be off a bit, but... I said it anyway :D

It does kind of tie in for me personally because over the weekend I was fixing someone's computer (family member who is a diehard Republican) and he was asking me about the security measures on the PC. So he asked me if the ISP shouldn't filter out stuff for him, so I replied the only thing they might do is sell your information to Chinese and Russian companies because the government made that possible. He thought I was talking about Obama, so I said, NO, it was your beloved Republicans who pulled back your protections. He just stared at me :) Let's just say that Fox News doesn't burden people with a lot of information...

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

LOL, all I can do is laugh, because it would make me want to cry otherwise. I thought they changed their name to FOX Entertainment - because I don't call Celebrity information, news and that is about all they offer, but even that is usually inaccurate or entirely made up.

4. Trouba

Updated Autoruns to 13.71 ppApp and also added latest Autoruns to Last7 and Last10 ssApps. I mention it because I always edit the Autoruns .exe's to run as Administrator to make it work as expected when UAC is on, etc. Also added the latest someonewhocares.org hosts file with our own additions. The hosts file now stands at approximately 13,000 lines.

bphlpt and Glenn like this.
  5. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I have been using Sager/Clevo systems for quite some time. My current laptop has a i7-4790k CPU, 32GB DDR3L 2133 RAM, a 500GB PCIe X4 NVMe SSD, a 1TB 7200 rpm drive, a 2TB 5900 rpm drive (pulled from a Seagate USB enclosure), 802.11AC wireless and 980m video card. I am due for a new laptop soon though and will go with another Sager/Clevo system. Clevo used to be the OEM for Alienware prior to Dell buying out Alienware. I love their systems and have been using them since 2011, I think.

My new system will have a 7700k, 64gb RAM, I will move my drives over from my current system and have dual 1080s in it. I know, a bit of overkill for what I do but I rather have too much capability versus not enough. :) I won't be replacing the new one for 3 or 4 years so I am going a bit bonkers over this one. If you want to buy a used Sager/Clevo that has the type of CPU like mine or a 6000 series one, check out the forums at NotebookReview and look in the for sale section.

6. Glenn

Ewwww.png

You can all pity me now, if it were not for the 4TB external and the 24" QHD IPS screen I may as well be living in Mid 2012 - meaning my PC is 5 years old, funny thing is I got this late 2014 2nd hand and apart from the chip having 4 cores instead of 2 like most laptops of the time, it was almost junk then with it's low end GPU and slow ass memory. I did purchase a 120GB SSD 840 to make it usable, but the ram still letting things down big time.

7. Trouba

Nice, zdevilinside. I actually took the laptop back so I don't have it anymore. Personally, I am not too keen on the laptop form-factor. I much prefer a desktop PC sitting on a desk, but I understand for certain uses and lifestyles a laptop can be very handy (or even indispensable). 64gb of RAM? I have never been able to max the 16gb on my desktop PC, let alone 32 or 64 :)

8. zdevilinside

Here is a Speccy screenshot of the old laptop. I am waiting for the new laptop to come in before I hand it down to my son.
    Capture.JPG

Glenn likes this.
  9. zdevilinside

I took that screenshot after playing a game for 2 hours. I had forgotten to "max" the cooling fans with the FN-1 short cut. CPU is now at 46 and Video Card is at 44. HDs are about the same still though. I don't think the heat is that big of a deal on the HDs though. They are designed for much higher temperatures according to Seagate's specs.

10. Glenn

Updated Sanitize, it now allows you to hold Ctrl+Shift to clear all TV series Episode name (or Release group & garbage), eg: Smallville.S01E23.Freedom.WebTV.TBG.mkv = Smallville 1x23.mkv without holding shift (just ctrl) it would be 1x23 Freedom WebTv Tbg.mkv or not holding anything would b Smallville 1x23 Freedom WebTv Tbg.mkv so each has it's usage, just need to remember they are available. Freedom is just a fake episode name I gave the example - I mean who still watches Smallville anyway :p

* Note - this will also remove any extra Year and 480p 720p 1080p type extras, so may still need to just update Removes.ini to add the new garbage words or group name and use without holding shift to get that info kept.

Code:
    Usage:

Edit C:\Windows\Removes.ini to add word to be removed, by putting a * before a word means it will be removed from the middle of another word.

Holding CTRL when you execute will remove all text before the episode number of a series (useful if you wish to remove the name of a series from the file name).
    * If you also hold Shift while holding Ctrl then it will only keep the Series name and Episode Number instead.

Holding Pause when you execute will remove all the " - " seperator from your file names.

Holding Scroll Lock when you execute will place brackets around any year date "2016" = "(2016)"

* You can combine holding keys when you execute

bphlpt likes this.
  11. Glenn

Code:
    * Holding CTRL while on Movie (no Episode Numbers) will crop it at 1080p or 720p (Shift has no effect)
    Another quick update for Sanitize as the new feature worked so well for TV shows I used the same for movies file names that have the Res in it.

I may actually update Sanitize to be a lot more customizable in the future, but it does the job for now and better than not having it.

bphlpt likes this.
  12. Glenn

http://team.lastos.org/ssWPI/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

I have updated Settings to NOT apply UAC unless you manually change it (You MUST tick the box if you wish to enable or disable it as it would read the current value before the Re-Tweaks get applied, meaning it will turn them back off if you pressed Apply on the settings screen), I also updated the code to ignore the setting of the Start Menu speeds etc as even tho we hid them the code still got executed and set them to their defaults.

-EDIT-

Re-upped due to WinAero Tweaker being v0.4 out of date.

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  13. Glenn

Next Tweaks update we will need to add a new site to block:

mediaroi.go2cloud.org

Homepage is innocent (empty) but it redirects to ad sites that are still active even when someonewhocares tells it not to show them :D

14. Glenn

Final Mario Theme

http://team.lastos.org/ssWPI/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

Code:
    ssWPI v17.08.17.0:

ADD: Transparent Categories and Items list boxes (FINALLY, took me near 8 hours today + years of attempts)
    ADD: TransparentScroll,TransparentCatScroll To Layout.ini to set Scroll Bar widths
    ADD: ListTransparent=Yes|No to Style.ini to allow solid colours to be used still (Default's to Yes now)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *** Please team if you can test the newest version of ssWPI on XP, Win 7 and anything else, please let me know if the Transparent themeing works and is fast (or flickers) ***

Mostly I just need to know if it works on anyone else's computers, as I have NEVER found a method to do what I did, but I sure made this new idea work (For me so far).

To repeat ssWPI has FINALLY gotten a feature I have been aiming for since I made the re-write in 2013 - I think I was even trying to do it in VB6 without success in 2008 and on wards.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  15. The Freezer

I thought I'd follow-up with these comments from eXPerience in regards to using Windows 2003 for ppGames:
    Luckily, ppGames short-circuits the whole MSI file blocking issues ;)

Glenn likes this.
  16. Glenn

I forgot to update the description to Plex For KODI, it now has an official version free for everyone, I changed the webpage and saved then pasted the description in ssEditor and never pressed save, so the upload has the old description, I am expecting an update to it sooner or later, so will fix it then, I don't actually like it due to having to link it to a plex account, my PleXBMC method only requires you manually add the IP of the Plex Server. so not convinced I'll change to the newer one or not yet.

17. Trouba

I split up iTunes into arch-specific ssApps. I was able to suppress the EULA through ssApp.reg but the EULA codes are different for the x86 and x64 versions. If the EULA's change in the future, you can actually figure out the EULA code by scrolling down in the actual EULA and the last line will actually list the EULA number (weird but true). So you then add that to the reg file like this:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes]
    "SLA"="EA1068"
    Also the internal bonjour.msi is not present in the x64 version anymore but is there once installed (in installer cache) so the assembly sections for x86 are different than for x64. Anyway, it's not earth-shattering but quite a few changes from the previous ssApps. I did leave out the Apple Update service because it's just annoying.

bphlpt and Glenn like this.
  18. Glenn

Code:
    ssWPI v17.09.17.0:

ADD: Updated StartWait.exe If Parameters passed to UAC requested execution it will now fallback as it would have failed anyway (attempts to run as non UAC method)
    FIX: After running a game in laucher mode it would not redraw the listboxes
    FIX: After running game in launcher mode it wasn't focusing back to the games list (you would have to click it manually to pick next game)
    Still tweaking things, also I'll move all ssWPI stuff (except this to a new thread)

19. Trouba

- Split Java 9 into separate ssApps for x86 and x64. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger... Now, annoyingly, the .msi's don't get written during initial setup of the installers. It appears it unpacks another, identical looking .exe installer, which in turn produces .msi's but in a different location. So we can still get to the .msi's, Sun... Why not just provide them?
    - Made Vivaldi ppApps based on the "Standalone" option of the installers. Removed any User folders (it runs on first install, even as portable option from the installer, so user folders get created by default) so any future updates to the ppApps could be installed right over existing ones. It would be cool if this browser had an "export all settings" option that could easily be imported or applied. I removed the "update_notifier.exe" from the Application folder because it starts up every time you run the browser and is worthless for the standalone. I also removed the installer which gets written into the portable version by default.
    - I think Google Drive is now called "Backup and Sync" but I left it as is for now but should probably change it later.
    - A lot of files inside the x86 and x64 versions of Stellarium are identical and only relatively few files are arch-specific. I really wished they would rename the x64 ones so that we could merge the files into one folder and .7z it. It would probably save 150mb of wasted up- and downloading per user.

The Freezer likes this.
  20. Trouba

- Fixed MS.Visual.Runtime.x ssApps -- recently VC runtimes 2010 and 2013 were updated. However, the 2013 x86 runtime remained a slightly older version (12.0.40660 but fixed so now it's 12.0.40664).

bphlpt likes this.
  21. Glenn

I have been sick for WEEKS and the latest sickness is the worst I have ever felt (Is a virus/ flu thing), this being said is the only excuse I have for accidentally picking Delete on LibreOffice that was uploaded on the 7/10 instead of download - I am really sorry about that. I will re-update it again ASAP.

22. The Freezer

Yeah, me too. I can't seem to shake this whatever it is; and I've had it for over a month. It's made it very difficult to do anything much less the things that need done. :(

I can see that happening on small screen devices. Unless you have a Surface with stylus, it's almost impossible to select correctly. Windows is just not any good on mobile devices. Even Bill Gates uses Android now. LOL

23. Trouba

Glenn, did you base your new uploads on the changes I made to the apps? I added argument --nologo. From the versioning it seems you didn't, as mine were 5.4.2.2 whereas yours was 5.4.2.0 so you probably just remade both the apps from scratch, in which case you probably didn't include the arguments (they keep LO splash from loading). Don't worry, I'll reup them. I was going to post the changes here but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

bphlpt likes this.
  24. Glenn

That is why I thought I'd better post about it, I wouldn't have seen your changes, because before I downloaded them I had deleted them off the server, I stupidly was deleting the old versions from the local side of filezilla so I wouldn't have duplicate apps of different versions, but for whatever reason I never picked download from the context menu like I thought and then I noticed it was gone, so I assumed I must have picked delete, so I just recovered the old local version and updated that to re-upload.

25. Trouba

- Upped LibreOffice 5.4.2.2 ppApps. I added --nologo arguments to the various .exe's (the portable ones, which works) so that the LO splash screens don't load. I wish there was a way for portable apps like these to not display their portable apps splash upon first run (the portableappz.blogspot.com ones) but in my experience I've not been able to turn those splashes off by default (before first run). You can disable these portableappz.blogspot.com splashes after first run by editing "LibreOfficePortable.ini" in the ppApp app folder by setting DisableSplashScreen=true. When you set this before first run, it gets ignored because another .ini has to be created that lists the app directory from which it gets run, and I don't think there is a workaround for that nor does it allow variables in the location it writes there. If anyone knows a way around this, please let me know.