LastOS AppDisc Template - 2020.12.28

Discussion in 'App Packs' started by Trouba, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Source Code for someone else to tinker with it:

Attached Files:

2. herosz

herosz New Member

hy!

I want exact the opposite. How can I make .apz file from an .exe because my application is not in the Repository list (winrar). I tried to make .apz with Autoplay Media Studio but ssWPI does not recognizes it!
    Please tell me how can I make the proper .apz file.
    Thank's

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

.apz are just .7z files, what makes them different is the .app file in them... But if you install SetupS Suite, it includes ssEditor, this allows you to make or edit your existing .apz

herosz likes this.
  4. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Merely extract the .apz from an .exe with either 7-Zip or WinRAR. :cool:

5. herosz

herosz New Member

Unfortunately I don't understand how can Winrar extracts anything from an setup .exe file ??

I downloaded https://lastos.org/files/Development.Tools_v2023-10-23.exe but I cannot install under Windows 10 Pro 22H21 built9045.3636

upload_2024-2-14_18-50-26.png

6. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

You don't have to install the development tools in order to make ssApps. What you're talking about is making ssApps (silent installers) from the WinRAR installers.

To learn how to make ssApps (or ppApps), in general, is look at existing ssApps/ppApps and learn from there. With any ssApp, right-click the .apz file and "extract to folder" (with 7-Zip or WinRAR for example) and see what's inside. Inside the extracted folder you'll find various ssApp.xxx files. One of these is ssApp.app -- the .app file contains the directives that makes the app install silently and with the SetupS system.

So, a basic .app file to install WinRAR x64 would look something like this:
    Code:
    [SetupS]
    Title=WinRAR
    Version=v6.24
    Description=Process RAR, ZIP, and other archive formats.
    URL=http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
    Category=Disk
    BuildType=ssApp
    App-File Style=2 (INI)
    AppPath=%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR
    Assembly=winrar-x64.exe /S
    StartMenuSourcePath=WinRAR
    Catalog=Disk Archiving|Disk Backup|Disk Compression
    StartMenuLegacyPrimary=- Disk\- Archive, Imaging & Backup
    StartMenuLegacySecondary=0 Disk\5 Compression|0 Disk\2 Backup Recovery
    ShortCutNamesKeep=WinRAR
    App-File Version=v9.23.10.23.0
    Flags=KeepInFolder|NotMetroFriendly
    Architecture=2 (x64)
    [Meta]
    Tags=Archiving|Compression|Backup|Encryption|Storage|Disk
    Publisher=win.rar GmbH
    ReleaseDate=2023-10-05
    ReleaseVersion=6.24.0
    LicenseType=1 (non-gratis)
    [WinRAR.lnk]
    Target=WinRAR.exe
    Comment=Process RAR, ZIP, and other archive formats.
    The image-based ssApp.xxx files (such as .ico, .png, .jpg) are for use in ssWPI (ssApp.jpg is the screenshot of the app, etc) and for the "fadertainer" (ssApp.png that shows on desktop as the app installs) and for providing a folder icon (ssApp.ico) for the installed app. You can also add registry entries for the app by providing a ssApp.reg inside the .apz installer. You can also use ssApp.cmd to perform various actions like adding entries to a hosts file, extracting files/folders to various locations like AppData etc. But it's best to keep it simple at first when learning how to make ss/ppApps.

Normally, ssApps and ppApps provided in the LastOS iso's, or else in the Repo, are in .apz format. This is just a .7z wrapper where the .7z format is changed to ".apz". SetupS, when installed, recognizes the .apz format and associates with it, so once an app is made into .apz you can double-click it and it will install (again, provided SetupS is installed on the system). ssWPI (and the AppDisc based around ssWPI) can read inside the .apz files and install them without SetupS being installed on the system.

Above I gave the example of extracting an .apz file into a folder. That is mainly so you can see what's inside it and manually edit the .app file and such. But SetupS Editor can do all these things and edit an .apz file without having to extract it. To do this, take any .apz (ssApp or ppApp) and right-click "Edit" and it will open inside ssEditor (if SetupS is installed on a system). From within ssEditor you can add the images, reg entries, etc., all from a centralized UI.

ssWPI (and thus the AppDisc) can install any ssApp or ppApp without SetupS being installed on the system, just a FYI. But if you want to create ss/ppApps it would be easier to just install SetupS: https://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?threads/setups-sendto-suite-latest.597/

bphlpt, The Freezer and herosz like this.
  7. Trouba

Sorry, I made a few more edits to the post above, so you can reload to see them :)

bphlpt, herosz and Ghost like this.
  8. herosz

herosz New Member

Unfortunately the link above doesn't work, I found a few packages on the site, but it would be nice to see the apps separately and download only what I need.

9. Trouba

We are aware of the issue with the Repo not showing. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon. It just started happening some days ago due to php version offset issue.

10. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

@herosz i created a new post explaining what to do here

The Freezer likes this.