Americans looking for a great deal on a laptop....

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Nov 3, 2017.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Walmart has the HP Omen 15-250wm 15.6" laptop on clearance for $499 at some stores. It has the following specifications:
    • Intel Core Core i7-7700HQ Processor
    • 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Display
    • 1TB Hard Drive
    • 12GB DDR4 Memory
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB Graphics
      • 1x HDMI
      • 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1
      • 1x USB 2.0

I felt it was a good enough deal to get one for my wife. You can check stock and pricing at this site:

http://bmseek.tk/index.php?zip=nm&itemID=630174927

Just enter your zip code to see what is available, for how much, etc. If a store has it at a higher price than the $499, keep an eye on it in the inventory checker because it is dropping fast. SOME states you can put in the abbreviation for it and it will give you the entire state's stock, prices, etc but doesn't work for all. That is why I suggest using your zip code first.

I hope this deal helps any of you that are in need or want a new laptop.

2. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Interesting. Using the link above, and searching for my zip code, it found 7 Walmart stores in my area that had that computer in stock. Six of them had it listed at $999, while one of them had it at $499. Now if I only had $499 to spend. :)

3. zdevilinside

No kidding. There has been a feeding frenzy on this deal over at slickdeals.net. Just because they have the price at a higher level doesn't mean that the price won't drop. It will. I have been watching the prices in NM go from 799 to 749 to 499 all day.

4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I would love a new laptop, my old one is not powerful at all. These are HQ and not the U editions (meaning they should be 4 cores and not just dual core).

It's already gonna be a tight Christmas so I doubt I'll be getting any new toys - at least I got the 24GB of ram in my PC now - that makes it very usable for my needs. I would enjoy a 240+GB SSD - the 64GB one I run my OS on is great, but when you want to run VirtualBox to test mods, it is the difference between taking 3 minutes to install, compared to 17 minutes when installing to a non SSD :(

5. zdevilinside

I wish I was in the position to be able to get you a new one. I went all out earlier this year to upgrade my laptop to the max and it will have to last me at least 5 years. :(

6. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I checked (not that I want one, I don't understand laptops) but in my area it was still $999. But that doesn't surprise me, they might give you $4000 off a 3 year old truck down here, it's just sad.

7. zdevilinside

Keep watching it. It WILL go down. My son just scored one in Clovis, NM. Last night, it was $999. This morning, it was $499. Someone in FL got it for $200. Walmart stores clearance things out and lower the price as they sell out.

8. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I think they didn't have any local ones after all, but from my experience with the Alienware laptop I would say that a 17 inch laptop would be much better, especially if you don't have to haul it around too much. The 1080 screens (let alone higher res) at 15 inches just makes everything in Windows too small, I found that I'd have to have at least 17 inch to make things operable for me. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have 17 inch for gaming, in fact it's better. But yeah a great deal nonetheless. I think there's quite a few gaming laptop deals right now but nothing as low as $500 or less.

9. zdevilinside

I was able to purchase a total of 4 of them. They are going to go to my son, his fiancee, my wife and my Mom for Christmas. :)