App Repository Information

Discussion in 'LastOS News' started by Glenn, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

nVidia:

I will be uploading a new method of nVidia drivers as I've since found if you re-install the drivers it will require a reboot first as many files are in use/services and because we use SetupS it will break things as our temp folder is cleaned and it points to that as the source of the setup.exe file etc, I've made it Extract to C:\NVidia direct from the original downloaded .exe's and it will determine the correct file itself, so if anyone else updates it all they need to do is add the new .exe, remove the old one and change the version number and date in the ssApp.app file, it will do the rest itself.

bphlpt and -c0dez3ro- like this.
  2. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

does this also include the AMD/ATI drivers ?

3. Glenn

No, does ATI have the same problem?

4. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

no not that i have noticed , but as we all know if it happens to one driver it will happen to others as well . lol

5. Glenn

iTunes 12.0.1 works better for me than 12.1.0, so I left both versions on the repo.

bphlpt likes this.
  6. Glenn

I am currently working on a major Auto Updater to refresh the online app repository more often with less effort, this will cause some older apps to appear at the top of the list and will also cause a few apps we've abandoned getting mixed back into the rotation for a few days while we sort it all out, sorry if this affects anyone on LastOS ;)

7. Glenn

WOW it nearly took me a month to get time to do the major update, it's done now, I had to update AutoApz and add some more features/checks, so I'll share that code once I get the files onto the repository. (76 new updates and added apps). None have been tested, I know the files are there, but the Shortcuts may be off on a few newer apps as I'll test them in one go before I reinstall.

Spurs_dk, bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  8. Glenn

http://www.lastos.org/team/public/AutoApz_v0.6.0.1.zip

I've packaged all the ini's, app, pics etc into this update to keep them safe, this pack can be hosted on any FTP space to generate the apps with (or used locally without extra files) minus Irfanview and Nirsoft packs as I couldn't find a working link to download the latest versions without hosting them myself.

All of the included ones in this pack are complete unlike the old one which has place holders, I'll add things back as I include them now.

bphlpt likes this.
  9. Glenn

Whats the deal with a bunch of major apps updating a day after I do these types of things, Libre Office and KLMCodec for example. :D

10. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

11. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

At least with the AutoApz it doesn't take as much to re-re-update things. LOL :)

Glenn likes this.
  12. Glenn

This is for x86 only and not for the portable package I use (which is a zip), they never used winrar sfx, 7z or nsis or inno for it's setup so no easy way to extract it from the .exe version that I could find. trust me when I say the amount of times irfanview update it is quicker for me to download it from their site and upload to the FTP here and link to that than it would be to find a suitable alternative that doesn't require links checking every time it updates anyway. All this is to save time for myself and the end user, so that will do for the hunting for a better solution on the problematic apps. I also added ifunbox v4 to the "annoying" semi manual apps.

pacav69 likes this.
  13. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Apart from the ssWPI downloads, everything isn't working!

14. bphlpt

15. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

16. bphlpt

That particular link redirects to ssTek, which is currently having some hardware difficulties. Hopefully, that situation will be corrected, but unfortunately it might be awhile. In the meantime, let us know which other particular links you need that aren't working and we'll try to correct them when we can.

17. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

I'm pretty sure that all of your links that redirect to ssTek aren't working

18. bphlpt

Correct. Freezer is working on it.

19. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

20. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

21. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

This would be up to Freezer alone.

22. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Freezer, we have some dead links here!

23. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Patience please. I still have a few more files to recover yet before I re-establish those links.

24. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Fair enough! By the way, I doubt that ANYONE has LastXP v11

25. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Yes, and since LastXP v12 was the first public release; and LastXP v22 (SOX) was the series finale; anything outside that are fakes. That and LastXP v18 & v19. They don't exist.