Contemptuous forums and sites

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Glenn, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Man I miss SITP, I am sick of being controlled on a site that asks it's members for money etc then expects the releases to exclusively use their tracker etc... I tried to leave that site and they refused to delete my content, so I stuck about so I can monitor things, but I KNOW I'll never bother doing public releases ever again. I do feel sorry for people who do enjoy LastOS releases, but enough is enough.

[​IMG]

Now they have censorship... If anyone knows of any good OS release sites I would be very happy to find an alternative :D

[​IMG]

Thus concludes another adventure

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry Glenn, I didn't even want to log in there (not that I had an account) because it had an asshole vibe. Don't ask me how, I can sense it from a mile away :)

I have never used any of their OS's and never will. Now with all the more reason.

These guys can't even hold a candle to your releases and your humanity. In fact, be glad they booted you as they don't deserve you. That's what I think about that.

3. Glenn

Thanks, I have matured quite a lot and it doesn't bother me to be banned anymore (I am sure it would if I was from LastOS :D) but it does dishearten me still, I mean where can other good people go to get the public releases now? ah well, I guess there is a reason for everything.

Johnrw likes this.
  4. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Would it hurt to link to it in Shoutbox as it's ephemeral? Less traffic but at least you'd get it out there.

Johnrw likes this.
  5. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Yes, especially if it's a magnet link (since you're already using DHT) ;)

Also, there's always The Pirate Bay... amazingly still in operation.

Johnrw and Trouba like this.
  6. The Freezer

I for one would like to see some sort list of sites like those to avoid -- especially ones run by jackasses like that. For example, I'd always avoided retestrak.nl even though that was just about the only place to get in touch with eXPerience, one of the best mod-releasers out there at the time -- a list which includes ReturnOfNights ;)

Retestrak.nl appears to have been gone for awhile now; and unfortunately, eXPerience has vanished as well :(

Johnrw likes this.
  7. The Freezer

I'd be curious if they really did remove your content.

Sites like these really hate it when you use a bt leecher mod ;)

Johnrw likes this.
  8. Glenn

https://www.teamos-hkrg.com/index.p...7-rs2-returnofnights.36134/page-5#post-254320

This post is the one I got banned for, except I did it as a new thread first as shown in previous post, then I moved it to the end of my previous release thread (which also wasn't using their tracker) as I posted the link before I did the OS write up or screenshots. I don't think they have any intentions of deleting my content, I did delete the Mega Games Pack Compilation prior to being banned tho, so at least they don't have that.

Having rules that have no purpose or no benefit and then sticking to them at the cost of members is a bit stupid IMO :)

Johnrw and The Freezer like this.
  9. The Freezer

Johnrw likes this.
  10. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Where the heck is returnOfNights?
    The reason I ask is after applying SP3 on my LastXP v13, the Start bar goes back to stock ugly windows fare.
    I would LOVE to know what do I have to do to correct it.
    returnOfNights... wherever the hell you are... you are a star in my world... and have been for greater than 10 years.
    But maybe Glenn or The Freezer can help me with that task?

11. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Well, I registered over there and got the torrent, but it is dead. Looked like it would be worthwhile to get.
    But... How do I get Windows 10 keys? I mean MS shoved that lard onto my Windows 8, without even asking me.
    Luckily I undid it while I still could, but Damn, what balls they have over at MS.
    Was RS3 one of those free to download, and I guess use without purchase?
    If memory serves me, it was always returnOfNights, he obviously read Charles Petzold's Programming Windows. :)

12. Glenn

I own real Windows 10 Pro keys, but I don't use them, I use KMSPico:
    http://repo.lastos.org/KMSpico.(Activate.Windows.&.Office)_v10.2.0_NT6_ssApp.apz

Info here:
    https://kmspico.co/

I see no reason not to use KMS as it has never had a problem for me on MANY PC's

Also response to LastXP questions Here

As for ReturnOfNights, he's never read any books (real or digital) on any of windows/programming or many books at all actually, he is just really good at google, smashing 2 ideas together and then finding the simplest way to look at each problem to hack a fix ASAP and then he would let his team refine these ideas into great features. It also helped spending 16 hours a day every day on computers for weeks at a time. Now he only spends a couple of hours on it every now and then. So it is almost like ReturnOfNights is dead now, instead there is just me and the team who often share great finds, talking about interests and laughing at how Microsoft can keep messing everything up with every new release.

Johnrw likes this.
  13. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Over there, I am Mr Hyde, bogus email addy used. I did not like the place to be honest. So you are saying he has an uncorrupted brain. Makes sense to me.