LastOS AppDisc Template - 2020.12.28

Discussion in 'App Packs' started by Trouba, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    The "LastOS AppDisc Template" is presented in the form of an .iso that includes ssWPI, the LastOS Settings tool, and a graphical menu for easy access. ssWPI is LastOS' great serial app installer that makes installation of applications a breeze. The Settings tool provides centralized access to many system management utilities and custom tweaks and tools that allow you to easily manage and optimize your OS install. This AppDisc Template, in short, enables you to easily make your own AppDisc for easy, serial installation of applications and customization of your OS install.

How to make your own AppDisc?

Just extract the ISO to a folder with 7-Zip or similar program and add any ssApps, ppApps and/or ppGames to their respective folders. These folders are named:
    • ppAppsInstalls
    • ppGamesInstalls
    • ssAppsInstalls
    LastOS.org houses an extensive Application Repository from where you can download ppApps and ssApps. Simply download the ppApps, ssApps, and/or ppGames of your liking and add them to the above-mentioned folders.

Then run ssWPI once without installing any apps and exit it; this will automatically create the database files for the apps/games in their respective folders for faster future ssWPI load time. Now you are ready to save your custom AppDisc with a program like UltraISO. You may then choose to mount your AppDisc image via a virtual drive, or otherwise burn it to optical media to install via optical drive.

You are now in possession of your own, custom AppDisc!

[Note that ssWPI now has the option to create a disc/image with ssWPI and apps, so you can play with that feature as well. However, the images thus produced will not include the LastOS Settings tool and the menu, it will only feature ssWPI and any apps included when you build the image.]

=============================================
    Download: LastOS.AppDisc.Template_2020.12.28.7z
    MD5 hash of the ISO: 6873029CE9F2BDBAAA232DA992ABDE02
    =============================================

[When clicking the download link above, a page with garbled code may appear instead of a download prompt. To prevent this, just right-click the link and "Save as".]

All included tools are current to date. When newer version of the included tools are released this AppDisc Template will be updated accordingly.

Screenshots:

The graphical Menu that gives easy access to the tools:

[​IMG]

The ssWPI interface:

[​IMG]

The LastOS Settings tool:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020
    mircea, m345, MikeWiper and 9 others like this.
  2. Al.Cohol

Al.Cohol Guest

works well. a long time ago i contributed the idea to add the winpe as a boot option in the SSsettings. I noticed you still use a cmd. I believe most of you are familiar with autoit, so if you wanted to compile an exe that does the same as your cmd you can. It must be compiled in x64 to work on x64 machines. This is an example for grub4dos and a boot.wim. Its easy to add a choose wim option too. Comment out any fileinstalls and it will still work, but if you notice, and this is the main part i wanted to share, is that you don't need to include a boot.sdi, you can use the one built into windows.

Code:
    #RequireAdmin
    #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Grub4DOS.ico
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
    #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
    ;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
    #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
    #include <EditConstants.au3>
    #include <Array.au3>
    #include <String.au3>
    #include <Process.au3>
    DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1) ; This disables 32bit applications from being redirected to syswow64 instead of system32 by default ;
    If Not IsAdmin() Then
        RunAs($user, $domain, $pass, 0, @ScriptName, @ScriptDir)
    EndIf

$bcdedit = @SystemDir & "\bcdedit.exe"

FileInstall("grldr", @WindowsDir & "\", 1)
    ;FileInstall("menu.lst", @WindowsDir & "\", 1)
    ;or
    FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\grldr", @WindowsDir & "\", 9)
    FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\menu.lst", @WindowsDir & "\", 9)

;Grub4dos
    RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /create /d "Grub4dos" /application bootsector > ' & @TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt", @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
    ;Sleep(1000)
    $3file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt", 0)
    $3line = FileReadLine($3file)
    FileClose($3file)
    $3pos1 = StringInStr($3line, "{")
    $3pos2 = StringInStr($3line, "}")
    If $3pos2 - $3pos1 = 37 Then
        $grub = StringMid($3line, $3pos1, $3pos2 - $3pos1 + 1)
        ;Sleep(1000)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $grub & " device partition=c:", @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        ;Sleep(1000)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $grub & " path \windows\grldr", @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        ;Sleep(1000)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /displayorder " & $grub & " /addlast", @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        ;Sleep(1000)
        ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' Default {current}', @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /set {current} bootmenupolicy standard', @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /timeout 10', @WindowsDir & "\system32", @SW_HIDE)
        FileDelete(@TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt")
    EndIf

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;MsgBox(4096, "Add Boot.wim to BCD", "Do you want to add the WinPE to the BCD?  If not cancel now as startupcomplete is done.  This will need a boot.wim in Windows dir to function.", 2)
    $bootwim = _FindFileBootwim("sources\boot.wim")
    ;If FileExists($bootwim & "\sources\boot.wim") Then
    FileCopy($bootwim & "\sources\boot.wim", @WindowsDir & "\", 9)
    ;Else
    ;Exit
    ;EndIf

;Winpe Ramdisk
    If FileExists(@WindowsDir & "\boot.wim") Then
        ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /create /d "WinPERamdisk" /device > ' & @TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /create /device > ' & @TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
        Sleep(1000)
        $file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt", 0)
        $line = FileReadLine($file)
        FileClose($file)
        $pos1 = StringInStr($line, "{")
        $pos2 = StringInStr($line, "}")
        If $pos2 - $pos1 = 37 Then
            $ramdisk = StringMid($line, $pos1, $pos2 - $pos1 + 1)
            ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $ramdisk & ' description "WinPERamdisk"', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $ramdisk & " ramdisksdidevice partition=c:", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $ramdisk & " ramdisksdipath \Windows\system32\boot.sdi", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
        EndIf

;boot.wim
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /create /d "WinPE" /application osloader > ' & @TempDir & "\bcd_out2.txt", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
        ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /create /application osloader > ' & @TempDir & "\bcd_out2.txt", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
        Sleep(1000)
        $2file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\bcd_out2.txt", 0)
        $2line = FileReadLine($2file)
        FileClose($2file)
        $2pos1 = StringInStr($2line, "{")
        $2pos2 = StringInStr($2line, "}")
        If $2pos2 - $2pos1 = 37 Then
            $guid = StringMid($2line, $2pos1, $2pos2 - $2pos1 + 1)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " systemroot \Windows", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " detecthal Yes", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " winpe Yes", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " osdevice ramdisk=[c:]\windows\boot.wim," & $ramdisk, @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " device ramdisk=[c:]\windows\boot.wim," & $ramdisk, @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & " path \Windows\system32\winload.exe", @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & ' description "WinPE"', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /set " & $guid & ' locale en-US', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & " /displayorder " & $guid & ' /addlast', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' Default {current}', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /set {current} bootmenupolicy standard', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $bcdedit & ' /timeout 10', @SystemDir & "\", @SW_HIDE)
            FileDelete(@TempDir & "\bcd_out2.txt")
            FileDelete(@TempDir & "\bcd_out.txt")
        EndIf

EndIf

;Find bootwim
    Func _FindFileBootwim($bootwim, $sSearch4 = "ALL")
        If StringLeft($bootwim, 1) <> "\" Then $bootwim = "\" & $bootwim
        Local $aDrives4 = DriveGetDrive($sSearch4)
        For $i4 = 1 To $aDrives4[0]
            If FileExists($aDrives4[$i4] & $bootwim) Then Return $aDrives4[$i4]
        Next
        Return SetError(1, 0, "")
    EndFunc  ;==>_FindFileBootwim

6100m and Trouba like this.
  3. Trouba

The LastOS AppDisc Template has been updated (2017-07-23).

Changes:

- updated ssWPI to version 17.5.30.0
    - updated SetupS to version 17.3.25.0 (as part of ssWPI)
    - updated the Settings tool to version 17.7.13.0

Download: See updated link in first post.

4. manduatin

manduatin Guest

Bài viết rất hay và bổ ích cảm ơn vì đã chia sẽ bài viết này

mircea likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Just to save some translate time ;)

6100m and Trouba like this.
  6. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Are there any app packs?

7. Trouba

The AppDisc template is to make your own pack, based on the apps available in the freeware App Repository.

8. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Your App Repositories are all awesome!

Trouba likes this.
  9. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Glenn, you actually had a ppApp pack, is that right?

10. Glenn

No, all the apps are in the Repositories and they specify if they are ssApp or ppApp, I only do the apps I use myself and a few requests from time to time. Apps with Services can not be ppApps in most cases, except the few that manage it's configuration when you run it's main executable (Search Everything for example).

I haven't held anything back from LastOS.org, if it's not on here then I don't have it, also my current upload will be shared in the next Day or two, it's a Romless (well single rom per console), EmulationStation and RetroArch with external WinUAE and XBox, PS2 and Wii U emulators, it's 3.5GB, so someone may like to use it as a base, it also Includes a Utilities Folder with Rom compressors, Metadata Scrapers etc in it. My personal (Roms Included) is 237GB, so I wont be sharing that one :)

-EDIT-

http://forum.lastos.org/index.php?threads/megagamesretro-2019.1798/#post-19693

Upload Complete :D

The Freezer likes this.
  11. LordJonas

LordJonas Guest

Link nor working.... 4040 error

12. Glenn

13. Trouba

The LastOS AppDisc Template was updated (see first post). Includes ssWPI version 20.4.21.0 and SetupS version 20.03.17.0.

The Freezer, mircea and bphlpt like this.
  14. mircea

mircea Member

Wonderful site.

Trouba likes this.
  15. 6100m

6100m Member

Wanted to say this, AutoIT is a lot more powerful than I originally anticipated. One of the main things (and I HAVE to try this) is loading data from txt files, and being able to add things to clipboards. This is defintely something I am going to do with 6100mOS's appz. One question I was wondering: how do you guys package up those installers all into a automated exe like that (like with glenn's Office2003SP3_Lite.exe repack?) I really wanna try that, like, really badly.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  16. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Likely they used something called ssXFormer which converts apz packages to stand-alone executables. ;)

6100m likes this.
  17. zain abdain

zain abdain New Member

hello everyone ,, i would like to know if you just copy the .7z files without extract them .. or you have to extract ??

18. Glenn

You have to extract the .7z of the apz disk to a USB or into a ISO, then you'll have the structure of the Appz disk, place your ssApps into the X:\ssAppsInstalls\ and the ppApps into the X:\ppAppsInstalls folders, this will make it easier to know which each type of app is (even though if you mess one up it will show up if you put it into the wrong folder). The apps themselves are .7z files but renamed to .apz so that they are associated with SetupS, if you install that to a OS.

There is a newer SetupS available that changes a few menu sorting for ppGames and a few fixes, I am waiting for TheFreezerBox to "approve" of the changes, so that it would stay in his control before we update the public version.

There is a new version of ssWPI if you were wanting to update to that, it includes the newer SetupS already. Your app disk will function fine as it is, but if your a tinkerer then you may want to have the newer versions, read details here: http://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?threads/sswpi-updates.1302/page-3#post-22740

zain abdain likes this.
  19. zain abdain

zain abdain New Member

thank u ... this is soo helpful :) :emoji_blue_heart::emoji_blue_heart::emoji_green_heart::emoji_green_heart:

20. systemchef

systemchef New Member

Hello.
    Is it possible to get all the latest apps from the repository in .iso format with a script perhaps...!? I really dont feel like downloading every file manually and I have a fresh new installation of Picnic 11 so I need to install the latest updated apps. I really am a newbie with the ssWpi system I have used it before with a huge iso file.... can I point ssWpi to the repository so that it download from internet direct instead of the usb drive. I have made a special partition 150gb for the portable apps and I want to copy ALL apps to that drive and then run ssWpi.. then everything will show up including office, adobe and all tweaks (like disable windows defender) and all utils. Something similar to http://ninite.com A great site I always use when I need to update or use on a fresh windows installation. Maybe this is unrelated but I want the best last os version with everything... so that means no windows lite. Should I reinstall with last11_v2 ? Thanks for any help info!!
    /

21. Glenn

A few years ago NEF and then TheFreezerBox, made a Online downloader for the apps, but I would recommend that you install IDA or Free Download Manager, or use an addon that will scrape all the download links off the page to grab them all. ssWPI used to offer online apps, but as multiple people are updating the apps the online databases would get out of sync, we used to run a Server that NEF helped me to setup, this would generate the ssWPI Database directly from the files (other hosting doesn't allow this), but he abandoned it and us after a couple of weeks once he had all the tools/apps and information he wanted.

Having all the apps installed isn't a good idea, you should only install the ones you wish to try and use as many are specialty apps and you may never use them.

Picnic OS's are the same as Last11 but include office and a few apps by default, there is no reason to install Last11_v2 if you have Picnic11.

22. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

the only way i can see possibile is to do it yourself as there are people here that update the apps whenever they can and the list of apps is not that long. It would take up a lot of time to maintain a downloadable list of files.

My experience is that you may have a lot of apz's but do you use everyone? The answer would be no!. As Glenn said download only the apps that you use or just ones that you want to see what they do and experiment with to see if there suitability.

I think that it is the only way and with apps being updated frequently i think it would be the best way to ensure you have the latest.
    There maybe apps that are not listed then you can have a try at creating apps on your own and then post them so that you can you can share with LastOS.

ssWpi is a system that allows you to select apzs without having to click next next etc. one file a time.
    It is best used on a flash drive so that apz can be updated at as they become available or developed by you.

23. Glenn

Here is a modified/updated version of NEF's LastOS APZ Downloader, it's my first time making a VB.NET application, so it's very basic (pun intended), it should allow you to download a bunch of apps by ticking them or pressing All

-EDIT-
    * THIS VERSION BROKEN *

It used http instead of https and it seems overnight someone at LastOS.org or the host has re-enabled https after YEARS of it being disabled.

Attached Files:

unitop4, pacav69 and Trouba like this.
  24. Glenn

Sorry but the security tokens for LastOS.org got switched back on over night so the above version of the downloader no longer works, in other words the site now requires https: instead of http:

So it SHOULD work again now.

Attached Files:

pacav69 and unitop4 like this.
  25. Glenn

Here is a version that lets you pre sort the items it lists, I am VERY new to VB.NET, to tell the truth this is the first time I've managed to compile a working .exe since I began trying to code in it since 2010... So I am not used to any of it yet. This tool was not made by me, I am just hacking at it to make it do what we need, it's such a simple php parser, but I don't have the free time to make an advanced tool and I don't want to re-enable it in ssWPI as it's been problematic in the past (with LivePE's and Xojo has issues with Web calls).

Attached Files: