My PC (Share Your Own If You Want)

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by Glenn, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Yeah a Quad Core Intel CPU with nVidia 650m+ quality graphics, 8GB ram, Built in UPS (Battery :)), external screen for dual screen usage,1 256gb SSD or mSATA, replace the Combo DVD/RW/Bluray with a 1TB 5400 HDD in the adapter and I purchased a USB to Sata from eBay to use my Bluray/DVD my backup drives are 1 Full sized 4TB Desktop HDD (powered) and 2 2TB Portable HDD's and I have 1 64GB USB 2 on my keyring, 1 64GB USB 3 to transfer fast at home, and I have a 1TB USB 3 HDD I take to install peoples PC's as it gives me space to backup their data it their OS is failing to boot and they only had one partition (from store/non LastOS). I also have a few SD cards for my DSLR's and finally I have 1 8GB USB 2 and 2 x 16GB USB 3 for messing with Linux and Beta OS's without having to keep erasing them if I have a LastOS on one of the 16GB's as many times I've been caught out testing my latest build at other peoples house only to have it fail to install and then I have access to no other PC and no OS to install so have to build a new one using the content on both USB keys (one usually has newer apps and OS, but the OS fails to boot/install so I revert the install.wim/boot.wim from the other just to get back to the desktop and I do a MS update to get it up to date instead but with new apps.

Finally I have an off site backup on a 2TB HDD of all my family photo's. So I think I am covered on my main data front.

I also have a Plex Server with TV shows I am currently watching and a few cartoons for the kids but I don't run backups of that.

----------------------------

I had to write this up to post elsewhere and figured I'd share it here so others could use any ideas they may glean from it.

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

What is this, the PC you want, or the one you have? :)

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

It's what I have and it's fine for everything I have thrown at it, even high end games - I'd not ruin the latest 2016 games with playing them on it, but yeah running games under 12GB run fine on my laptop, bigger than that it takes too long to load, loses too much quality (as the graphics are for 4k beyond around that size), I freaked out when I saw a 76GB game to download that hadn't even been cracked at was suggested it wouldn't be for at least 18 month if at all.. What sort of world will it be when the game releases are bigger than a Bluray 50GB disk :|

4. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  5. Trouba

bphlpt and pacav69 like this.
  6. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

Also requires ms .net v4.0.30319

7. Trouba

Thanks, added in requirement for .net 4.x in metadata section and re-upped ppApp (y)

pacav69 likes this.