Old Tablet Pressure Not Working in Photoshop Fix

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by Glenn, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I was playing with an old massive tablet I had not used for ages, since Vista days and found I couldn't get the Pen Pressure to work in Photoshop no matter what I tried to do, including; Driver updates, different USB port, settings, app versions and many many reboots later I found an obscure solution on the internet:

In the folder that matches your user and Adobe Photoshop version you use the following config file to allow legacy tablets to be used:-
    "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings"

.\PSUserConfig.txt
    Code:
    # Use WinTab
    UseSystemStylus 0
    Close Photoshop (if not already) and open it again, it will then have pen pressure and tilt supported again.

Source: (The original one on Adobe's forums has since been removed so this is the quoted response)
    http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19462#p69050

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Well this could be useful to a very select group of people in 2016 :) I like you called it "massive" because that created some (probably) exaggerated dimensions for that tablet in my head :D

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

It's A3 sized, so 18" by 12"
    photo.JPG

4. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

That's massive alright... Oh yeah, a Wacom, I thought you were talking about a Vista tablet (which also existed I thought) but I gotcha now.