Repository Applications Update Information

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LiveFreeDead, May 17, 2015.

1. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Not so negative, look at the bright side. At least we can all get a taste for what a Third World dictatorship with a sprinkle of nepotism feels like without leaving the country. Not that we have money to travel :D Remember that the next time you talk to a German or Swedish traveler in the US having the time of their lives. How do they have time and money after paying all those taxes? Just keep voting Republican, people... Not that any of this is dangerous or anything: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...an-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/ar-BBBaWuJ

The Freezer likes this.
  2. The Freezer

The Freezer Lead Developer for SetupS Staff Member

Oops. LOL

I meant to say we'd been talking about VPN options because of the latest insanity regarding Internet privacy-for-sale, net neutrality, and copyright trolling.

Trouba likes this.
  3. Trouba

Hehe, I thought I might be off a bit, but... I said it anyway :D

It does kind of tie in for me personally because over the weekend I was fixing someone's computer (family member who is a diehard Republican) and he was asking me about the security measures on the PC. So he asked me if the ISP shouldn't filter out stuff for him, so I replied the only thing they might do is sell your information to Chinese and Russian companies because the government made that possible. He thought I was talking about Obama, so I said, NO, it was your beloved Republicans who pulled back your protections. He just stared at me :) Let's just say that Fox News doesn't burden people with a lot of information...

4. LiveFreeDead

LiveFreeDead Administrator

LOL, all I can do is laugh, because it would make me want to cry otherwise. I thought they changed their name to FOX Entertainment - because I don't call Celebrity information, news and that is about all they offer, but even that is usually inaccurate or entirely made up.

5. Trouba

Updated Autoruns to 13.71 ppApp and also added latest Autoruns to Last7 and Last10 ssApps. I mention it because I always edit the Autoruns .exe's to run as Administrator to make it work as expected when UAC is on, etc. Also added the latest someonewhocares.org hosts file with our own additions. The hosts file now stands at approximately 13,000 lines.

bphlpt and LiveFreeDead like this.
  6. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

I have been using Sager/Clevo systems for quite some time. My current laptop has a i7-4790k CPU, 32GB DDR3L 2133 RAM, a 500GB PCIe X4 NVMe SSD, a 1TB 7200 rpm drive, a 2TB 5900 rpm drive (pulled from a Seagate USB enclosure), 802.11AC wireless and 980m video card. I am due for a new laptop soon though and will go with another Sager/Clevo system. Clevo used to be the OEM for Alienware prior to Dell buying out Alienware. I love their systems and have been using them since 2011, I think.

My new system will have a 7700k, 64gb RAM, I will move my drives over from my current system and have dual 1080s in it. I know, a bit of overkill for what I do but I rather have too much capability versus not enough. :) I won't be replacing the new one for 3 or 4 years so I am going a bit bonkers over this one. If you want to buy a used Sager/Clevo that has the type of CPU like mine or a 6000 series one, check out the forums at NotebookReview and look in the for sale section.

7. LiveFreeDead

Ewwww.png

You can all pity me now, if it were not for the 4TB external and the 24" QHD IPS screen I may as well be living in Mid 2012 - meaning my PC is 5 years old, funny thing is I got this late 2014 2nd hand and apart from the chip having 4 cores instead of 2 like most laptops of the time, it was almost junk then with it's low end GPU and slow ass memory. I did purchase a 120GB SSD 840 to make it usable, but the ram still letting things down big time.

8. Trouba

Nice, zdevilinside. I actually took the laptop back so I don't have it anymore. Personally, I am not too keen on the laptop form-factor. I much prefer a desktop PC sitting on a desk, but I understand for certain uses and lifestyles a laptop can be very handy (or even indispensable). 64gb of RAM? I have never been able to max the 16gb on my desktop PC, let alone 32 or 64 :)

9. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

Here is a Speccy screenshot of the old laptop. I am waiting for the new laptop to come in before I hand it down to my son.
    Capture.JPG

LiveFreeDead likes this.
  10. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

I took that screenshot after playing a game for 2 hours. I had forgotten to "max" the cooling fans with the FN-1 short cut. CPU is now at 46 and Video Card is at 44. HDs are about the same still though. I don't think the heat is that big of a deal on the HDs though. They are designed for much higher temperatures according to Seagate's specs.

11. LiveFreeDead

Updated Sanitize, it now allows you to hold Ctrl+Shift to clear all TV series Episode name (or Release group & garbage), eg: Smallville.S01E23.Freedom.WebTV.TBG.mkv = Smallville 1x23.mkv without holding shift (just ctrl) it would be 1x23 Freedom WebTv Tbg.mkv or not holding anything would b Smallville 1x23 Freedom WebTv Tbg.mkv so each has it's usage, just need to remember they are available. Freedom is just a fake episode name I gave the example - I mean who still watches Smallville anyway :p

* Note - this will also remove any extra Year and 480p 720p 1080p type extras, so may still need to just update Removes.ini to add the new garbage words or group name and use without holding shift to get that info kept.

Code:
    Usage:

Edit C:\Windows\Removes.ini to add word to be removed, by putting a * before a word means it will be removed from the middle of another word.

Holding CTRL when you execute will remove all text before the episode number of a series (useful if you wish to remove the name of a series from the file name).
    * If you also hold Shift while holding Ctrl then it will only keep the Series name and Episode Number instead.

Holding Pause when you execute will remove all the " - " seperator from your file names.

Holding Scroll Lock when you execute will place brackets around any year date "2016" = "(2016)"

* You can combine holding keys when you execute

bphlpt likes this.
  12. LiveFreeDead

Code:
    * Holding CTRL while on Movie (no Episode Numbers) will crop it at 1080p or 720p (Shift has no effect)
    Another quick update for Sanitize as the new feature worked so well for TV shows I used the same for movies file names that have the Res in it.

I may actually update Sanitize to be a lot more customizable in the future, but it does the job for now and better than not having it.

bphlpt likes this.
  13. LiveFreeDead

http://team.lastos.org/ssWPI/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

I have updated Settings to NOT apply UAC unless you manually change it (You MUST tick the box if you wish to enable or disable it as it would read the current value before the Re-Tweaks get applied, meaning it will turn them back off if you pressed Apply on the settings screen), I also updated the code to ignore the setting of the Start Menu speeds etc as even tho we hid them the code still got executed and set them to their defaults.

-EDIT-

Re-upped due to WinAero Tweaker being v0.4 out of date.

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  14. LiveFreeDead

Next Tweaks update we will need to add a new site to block:

mediaroi.go2cloud.org

Homepage is innocent (empty) but it redirects to ad sites that are still active even when someonewhocares tells it not to show them :D

15. LiveFreeDead

I had a thought, we could make the Games Launcher and installer use each games wallpaper as the background as you scroll through, All you need to do is apply a 45% opacity (or customize) black layer over the top of the screenshot and or Add support for Wallpaper.jpg.

Any thoughts on this, or does no one here currently use ssWPI for MGP or EMUlation purposes? It would also work with apps, but most people wont be scrolling through ssWPI for an OS install wanting the Wallpaper distracting them IMO (ssWPI Wallpaper not the OS one).

16. The Freezer

The wallpaper would be outside or inside ssWPI? Sounds like inside with the screenshot. Anyway, I still use ppGame launchers/installers. Though very infrequently because mostly I'm working on only one ppGame at a time and I just leave its startmenu folder open to test, etc.

17. LiveFreeDead

I was thinking of maybe making ssWPI use a web frame, then generate a scrollable section that shows the title, with all the screenshots as well, instead of just one big screenshot, when I did the original ssWPI the max screen res was 1024x764, it never made sense to try and show more data, but now there is more than enough quality to change the design of ssWPI.

It may be nearly time to re-write ssWPI to be more touch screen friendly etc, much of the backend is still ok and even I haven't been using the advanced Editing features of this ssWPI, so if I make a new one that is light weight, uses a web frame based template (so each theme can show a totally different design that any web designer/developer can theme), it may be able to use HTML5, CSS feature, meaning it could look much more modern, if you guys are up for testing and helping design/plan this, I may be able to make something.

Over the next few weeks I plan on making a new updated AIO MGP and only after I was playing with ssWPI did I notice how much better Steam and all the other App/Game stores I have been using all are Web based and now mostly support touch interfaces.

If you are all happy with the Legacy design of the current ssWPI then I probably wouldn't bother making a new frontend so make sure to share your thoughts please.

18. The Freezer

Oh, you mean make it like Kel's WPI? :p

LOL

19. LiveFreeDead

LOL, no way, just a scroll-able section, I am pretty sure Xojo has something:

https://docs.xojo.com/index.php/HTMLViewer

If it's slow, big or buggy I will give up on it, I just thought we could make use of showing All the included images and info, not just the single Screenshot.

20. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member