Ryzen CPU 1700x What can it do..?

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by John Massey, May 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. John Massey

John Massey Guest

I recently went to the microcenter and purchased a G710 powerspec computer. It has a Ryzen 1700x CPU and it is running windows 10. I am finding out that this cpu is a multi tasking Power house. I discovered that I can play an FPS shooter on my primary monitor while watching a movie on my tv from my hard drive also While that is happing my monitor 2 is surfing the net with both explorer and chrome with 20 tabs open. Also downloading and file manipulation at the same time... I am recommending the new Ryzen based computers because I'm impressed..!

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I am glad AMD have stepped up their game, I wont buy one, but the fact others are means Intel will have to trickle out a little more of the "New" features they have been holding out for years to make money out of.

3. John Massey

John Massey Guest

I was looking at the X99 intel processors back in December but I kept hearing that a new line of processors..kaby lake were coming out .. so I waited.... then when kaby lake cpu's came out... I kept hearinig that AMD was releasing new and more powerful cpu's.... so I waited.... by then 3 more months had gone by.... so when I finally settled on the RYZEN based computer system I was glad to see everything work well straight out of the box. I really like the USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 its a pleasant surprise to see transfer speeds like that...
    I updated and optimized the sysem with ASUS 1 click optimization and it works as advertised... 3.8 megahertz on all 8 processors with a temp of 39 C at rest and 56 C under full load using the stock Waith Max cooler.
    I had concerns about buying amd versus intel.... but the Ryzen 1700x has similar processing power to the Intel X99 6900 series Cpu's..... for much less cost.

4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I might give them another go, with the information of real world results, it might be fun to see if AMD are as stable and persistent as Intel now, I gave AMD 3 chances and they failed each time (back before 2010) so I guess a lot can change in 7 years :D I still wouldn't touch their Graphics for an Intel based chip tho.

5. John Massey

John Massey Guest

That's the spirit ! apparently AMD's Ryzen processors are more powerful than intels processors and they cost less too. So the Ryzen CPU has 8 cores with 16 threads and runs about 4ghtz. It is competition for intels x99 6900 and 6950 processors. summed up you get twice the power and half the cost.
    The RYZEN 1700x is going for $320 with the x370 Motherboard for $150... and suddenly you have a Top O The Line computer with the lastest features. I went with the ASUS X370 .. it has a really mature Bios page and an ez one click overclock option. the board has USB 3.1 and an m.2 drive slot.
    I agree with your remarks about staying with NVIDIA for the graphics card... I went all out and purchased a GTX 1070 and paired it with a ASUS MG279Q gaming monitor IPS 1440 hz. This is what I am going to be staring at for the next 7 years so I went big.

Glenn likes this.