Some of my Thoughts

Discussion in 'LastOS News' started by Glenn, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

True, I never designed v13 to show when updates were available, that was because earlier SetupS didn't allow for updates to first run silent uninstalls when required (it does now), If we were to go to an online method with updates in consideration it would be better to make an app store from scratch than to make ssWPI do the jobs for it, then you could still use it to download/update your apps, but transfer them to USB disks using a GUI that scans for local sources and downloaded .apz to generate an up to date collection.

pacav69 likes this.
  2. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

LFD, sorry for your loss.

I have liked the idea of an "app store" for Windows for quite some time. I hope we can get it running and it is successful.

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for responding to the thread - I re-read what the team wrote to me (as I said I would from time to time) and it really as good at motivating my mindset to attempt something new. But I've recently discovered the joys of tooth decay and exhaustion from lack of sleep, still having to do my daily routine of jobs you notice that unless you "need" to make changes that you don't.

So it's cooling off here now, I am guessing by the time Win 10 is out I'd have spent at least some time on the new ssWPI stuff mentioned in this thread, I really have been trying to find the time to start on it, things just keeping pulling me away before I can even begin :(

bphlpt and -c0dez3ro- like this.