win 10 unable to read my ssd

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by neffy, Jun 7, 2016.

1. neffy

neffy Guest

able to help? im unable to let it read my samasug 950s. running on clevo system. even after i load the drivers, still uable to read...

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

The model of the SSD is irrelevant, the only thing that mattered here was the model number of the clevo so we could google the problem. The only other thing that would stop you being able to access your HDD's information is bit-locker (encryption on the drive).

If your able to boot to your existing Windows, you will probably be best to install Windows 10 as an upgrade if your unable to figure out how to disable UEFI or other security that may be in place.

SATA 3 is a industry standard that Windows 10 can read without drivers for ANY Intel or AMD based hardware, so for it not to read the data on your drive would likely be encryption enabled on it in some form. Supply more details on the hardware if you want a more defined answer.

3. neffy

neffy Guest

57, sorry, okay, i said samsung 950 cos i thought it was a very common problem for most, its regarding the nvme drivers, windows 10 couldnt read it without using cd to load the drivers. its clevo p870dm im using, and well, it could if i ran it on achi, but im on raid settings, so mainly i think its drivers issue, however, with other win10 i could read the harddisk after installation of the drivers, so.. yep. hoping for a fix so i can run this os on my main laptop instead of my vm

4. Glenn

I'll say this again (mentioned on many other forums), Last10 isn't a special version of Windows 10, it is a combination of tweaks that you apply post install. I only released Last10 with any version of Windows because I built it for my own use and it's mainly the LivePE that made it useful to others, so if you don't need the LivePE you can install ANY version of Windows 10 and do all the tweaking from ssWPI post install without missing out on anything. MS made it pointless to mod the OS because any single MS update you perform will wipe over any resource mods you do, so unless you need a lite OS you really would have no benefit to modding Win 10 - instead your best to purchase NTLite and remove components post install (if you care about that stuff) once you have 8GB+ of ram a 540MB/s Read/Write SSD and use UEFI you really wont boot your PC much faster and at < 10 seconds who'd want to? Hell I don't think I've even booted my PC since Late March as I just put it to sleep when I am not using it.

So to make you have Last10 on a laptop that already has a working Win 10, you only need to mount the ISO or insert a Last10 built USB disk and run ssWPI from the menu in the root of the disk or from sources\$ssWPI\ssWPI.exe, pick Last10 Tweaks and maybe copy the wallpaper from the Sources\$OEM$ folder if you really need that included. Last10 was built to speed up doing the easy install so you do not waste your time doing it manually, so if it's not going to be any quicker to fight with it to bypass the access problem, then the benefit is lost and just use a vanilla OS as the base to mod instead. I too carry a USB with a vanilla Win 10 just in case I get stuck not able to install a PC from my LivePE (never needed it but I have it).

5. Glenn

That said:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-p870dm-dm-g-drivers-mirror.786094/

Step 14 has a mirror of the RAID drivers you need, but you'll have to download them elsewhere.

http://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html
    or
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ABcSC_OACGJMJF8&id=5014229B9E752333!40249&cid=5014229B9E752333

I hate RAID myself, too many times I lost data due to a failing RAID array and instead prefer to use FileSync software to gain a backup when my PC isn't busy. As for speed, I work with syncing TB's of Data across 4 backups and it only has to update the changes, so I don't even need more speed than I get, each person uses a PC different so maybe you really do need RAID, just saying, you give yourself those headaches choosing to use them and this is a Tool building forum not a OC site, so if you need specifics into this sort of problem, you'll find it isn't due to the Last10 mod that isn't not working, it'll be something they include in your base OS that is missing from any fresh install of Win 10.

6. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member