Windows 10 Latest answer file changes:

Discussion in 'LastOS News' started by Glenn, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

You'll need to remove the following to successfully automate an install of the latest Windows 10 (remove it from the x86 section if using that).

Code:
    <component name="Security-Malware-Windows-Defender" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" processorArchitecture="amd64">
                <DisableAntiSpyware>true</DisableAntiSpyware>
            </component>
    They also Depreciated the <NetworkLocation>Home</NetworkLocation> from the OOBE section so may as well get rid of that too.

End results - I am at the Desktop in the VM instead of the usual failed to install with no error given, just a Access Denied error written in C:\Windows\Panther\Setupact.log under the last line read from my previous unattended attempts before the abort setup procedure logging. So not a big problem but no reason MS couldn't just make setup continue or show the log when a failure has occurred.

My latest complete x64 XML attached:

Attached Files:

2. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

which verison does this refer to ? im still using the firstbuild trouba put out so imnot sure .im nothome to check which verison it is now

3. Glenn

I am not sure what version they changed it, I only just tried to make an up to date Win 10 mod and it failed, they removed the ability of disabling Anti Malware from the answer file and as the added bonus of a non descriptive error and aborting the rest of the Windows Setup telling you to start again. They need an option to continue on non critical errors.

4. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Is there any tools to do this like with win 7? As I am starting to get Win 10 Laps and Desktops in and need the same thing we had with win 7

5. Glenn

NTLite is able to do all the Windows 7 stuff too.

I cleared out all my Win 7 modding stuff, I haven't written off Win 10 as a failure yet, if you really do hate it, grab Windows 10 LTSB and use that as a base as it's almost exact the same as Win 7 (uglier of cause) but fully usable without bloat.

6. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Hmm, Ok Thankz RON, I may dabble in win 10 BUT damn the ADK stuff it changes like a woman's attitude LMAO