Windows 10 - Tweaks & Ideas

Discussion in 'Other Tools' started by Trouba, Aug 13, 2015.

1. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

New OS Name -- LastMarbles or LostMarbles

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

It would be a ballsy move, indeed.

I like 5, and 10 because I like sunlight shining on things. "Sunshine... on my ... makes me happy..." -- John Denver

pacav69 likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

~ Marble Universe ~

I like the idea of this one

pacav69 and -c0dez3ro- like this.
  4. Glenn

Blue-And-Red-Fire-Wallpaper-Picture-187 (1).jpg

Also the middle effect you have in marbles looks pretty cool without any limitations from a glass orb.

Pesti, unitop4 and -c0dez3ro- like this.
  5. Trouba

Hey, the top is one of my fav walls, it's supposed to be a micro view (artistic atoms, etc.)!

6. Glenn

NewLogo2.jpg

How about this mod of it? a little more personalized to our use.

7. Glenn

Trouba likes this.
  8. Glenn

Just added some 0,ShadowDistance to make the outline more equal (it's still bad but I can't get it any better), I also made the default size of the Label box bigger, just in case it still has issues with C0de's clipping bug (I am out of practice programming).

I also made Docket run Setup.exe /Unattend:X:\AutoUnattend.xml instead of just setup.exe as when your installing from ISO it works, but from USB it doesn't use it by default. (it will detect X:\ as the CDDrive AKA Install media)

My install went good apart from some residual effects, such as Desktop in Quick Access is pointing to the wrong location when I set it with my Settings app to D:\Documents

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Trouba likes this.
  9. Glenn

Oops, forgot to add /unattend: to the command line :)

Attached Files:

Trouba and -c0dez3ro- like this.
  10. Glenn

Updated Last10 Tweaks to physically remove the WU - Hide Updates from the System section in the context menu as it only works with Enterprise (We think), I may change it back to not included, but thought Trouba should know that I am cleaning up anyone who has already used the tweaks and wants to re-apply to fix their context to only working items.

I also updated the hosts file and edited Autoruns and MyUninstaller to run as administrator only.

11. Glenn

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;33 is confirmation to delete something, 37 is NO asking to delete (requires explorer restart)
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
    "ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,33,28,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    I think we should add this in to the default tweaks, if you don't agree Trouba let me know and I'll add it as a post tweak. I just bumped my delete key and saw a file go away without any question, which is not ok most of the time, it's easier to disable the message if your working on a large number of files, else the safety is more important IMO.

12. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I don't know about T, but I sure agree. I would much rather have the default behavior to be to ask for confirmation.

13. Glenn

I haven't done a fresh test to see if the zone fix will work, but I added 3 different methods from various sources, so I assume it will :) just grab the latest Last10 Tweaks from the repository to try it out, I also update the hosts and mention it in the description so others will remember to include the changed hosts entries - I still will stick with 127.0.0.1 as it's the one I know works for me.

I also uploaded a x64 Calc.exe that will replace the default Modern app version that is include with Windows 10, As I didn't have a version of Windows 8.1 x86 calc.exe laying around at the moment.

14. Glenn

SetupS is ignoring me and not making the shortcut to run calc.exe no matter what I do, not sure why yet, I may have to force it another way.

-EDIT-

Seems SetupS can not make a link to a file inside System32, dunno why, but I just made it use %ProgramFiles%\Calc instead... Maybe Freezer can remember why we limited SetupS like this, but the Modern app version is stored in the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ folder, meaning the .exe links to that much like how Notepad2 jumps to it's .exe when you pick notepad. So if anyone else finds a better way to handle replacing this, let me know :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  15. Glenn

Last Windows 10 x64.png

Well the Windows 10 PE now supports SysWOW64 and ssWPI, it actually works better than the Windows 8.1 PE did.

Download the WinBuilder PE from here if your interested in making it:
    http://win10se.cwcodes.net/Compressed/

bphlpt, pacav69 and Trouba like this.
  16. Glenn

I've got a glitch where it's not offering me the option to install from a .esd within a SavePE, so I may have to revert back to a non LivePE, or I am currently just making sure it's working with an install.wim, else the problem may be bigger than I thought and people would need to use WinNTSetup3 if using a LivePE (where it did work fine still)

17. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Probably because it's still defined that way in "MenuDefaults.ini" (which itself was captured shortcuts from fresh OS installs). And that file is obviously outdated for Windows 10. I've got the kludge to capture those default shortcuts if anyone would like to volunteer themselves to the task for Pro/Home & x86/x64 editions. (I just haven't had the time lately even though upgrading retail demo models to Windows 10 was about all I did this summer -- you'd think I would've thought to do that then when I had the chance LOL)

Glenn likes this.
  18. The Freezer

Wait, is that because Win10 moved Calculator to %ProgramFiles% now? ... or is there a new restriction in Win10 now preventing shortcuts to files in System32/Syswow64? Maybe it's not just SetupS then?

19. Glenn

No it's not moved, it's in both places but the one in System32 is just a caller stub to get to the modern app one in the %Prog% folder.

I am able to manually make links to my C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe but when I tried to use SetupS and set the AppPath to C:\Windows\System32 it also refused to create a ssApp.app in there (of course) and I attempted to make it go in C:\Windows\System32\Calc and it still refused to make a shortcut (but copied the ssApp.app etc) - so I am not sure if it's SetupS or Windows 10 restriction causing this issue. Although if I do a menu resort it didn't make a link to Calculator in - Office either, meaning I think it is a limitation of some kind and not a processing issue.

20. The Freezer

I think you're right. We would've seen this issue in Windows 8 and I just checked, Calculator shortcut is okay (in its Office folder).

What about changing the def in "MenuDefaults.ini" to have it create the shortcut to %ProgramFiles% instead? If that works, then we definitely need to update that file.

21. Robertexcug

Robertexcug Guest

I've been contemplating switching back to HTML, CSS and JS so that I can code apps for Windows 8.

There's been a lot of talk on the internets about how dumbed down the new interface is. I've tried out one of the preview releases, and it feels like I'm using a V-Tech toy.

But, if that's where the future is, then I can try coding for it, and possibly resurrect some of my iPhone ideas which were dropped because I had to hand the dev-kit back to it's owner before I could learn the language.

Does anybody else have plans for Win8 coding?

22. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

How about just creating all the short cuts in win 10 then dumping them in a folder and 'have a copy to desktop' or menu done at install. Yes weird to say but if they are system shortcuts should werk easy peasy.

EDIT: I think i will start touching my win 10 install (dual boot 7 & 10) to find out what I can break or fix.

EDIT 2: Oh my I should have seen the year here jeez

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  23. Trouba

The year, yeah, but look at that Sept 2019 post about Win8... You could say it's the forum database messing up but I think it's proof time-travel is real :D

24. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Blah, I feel like i am up to date now LOL

25. saper1972

saper1972 New Member

can you please upload this archive?