Last9 Enterprise x64 v1 (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Last9' started by The Freezer, May 9, 2020.

1. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

I finally got a full working download after 5 or 6 tries. And dude I love it, it is so smooth and fast. The problems I had with other versions of 8.1 are gone except for no wifi driver but I have to live with that It seems.

So, good work and thankyou.

The only thing is, part of it says it's Windows 9 the rest says 8.1, would be cool if it was all 9

The Freezer likes this.
  2. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Weird that you only had the one driver issue. Usually it's either none or a slew of them especially if the hardware is of the latest generations (ie, xxxLake/Ryzen). Have you tried the site of the manufacture/vendor of your WiFi device? Even if they only offer a Windows 7 driver, in many cases those will still install on Windows 8.1. It's the Win10-only drivers that won't install on Win8.1

Absolutely, that would be cool; but the more you "bend" something like that the more things start breaking. As it was, just the little that was done -- which was basically nothing more than cosmetic -- was straining the activation mechanisms.

3. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

This motherboard is an MSI and they only support windows 10. It isn't the only driver, there is a PCI Device driver missing but I have no idea what that is. All I can find out is in PCI Device Properties it says

"
    Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AED&SUBSYS_3FC81458&REV_A1\4&f71f481&0&0308 was configured.

Driver Name: null
    Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    Driver Date:
    Driver Version:
    Driver Provider:
    Driver Section:
    Driver Rank: 0x0
    Matching Device Id:
    Outranked Drivers:
    Device Updated: false
    "

I think possibly it might be a card reader I have connected, i'm not having any side issues though lol

4. The Freezer

Yeah, that's the catch, isn't it?

When I and others (msfn, NoelC, etc) set out to make our aging PC's work with a still-supported and modern Windows, we hadn't foreseen what a major roadblock MS had already set up for us in anticipation of the day we'd ever replaced them with newer ones... essentially rendering them useless unless Windows 10 is installed.

I guess I need some sort of warning or caveat that Last 9 will only work with Win7 thru Win8.1 era desktops or laptops with at least Windows 7 drivers available (in case the OS doesn't recognize or install them automatically).

5. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

Yeah it sucks aye, I ended up being forced to go back to 10 because I needed my network sharing to bad. Wanted to upgrade for years and then when I finally do I regret it lol

6. 6100m

6100m Member

@The Freezer Small question The Freezer, if I may ;) What theme did you use for the aero effect and the start menu coloring? For whatever reason it looks so satisfying to me and I wanna try that in my own build :)

7. The Freezer

I believe the theme I used was "Aero7 V2 for Windows 8/8.1"

The startmenu was a skin for Open-Shell called "WIN7LIKE COMBO revC"

The ThemeAtlas, I'm not sure but I think it was NoelC's (or a modified one of his) from a thread on MSFN's called "Aero Glass ThemeAtlas".

The Taskbar Texture I used was the "Plexcellent Taskbar"'. Not sure how I got the "Dark Active Button".

None of which would've been possible without BigMuscle's Aero Glass: www.glass8.eu/

6100m likes this.
  8. 6100m

6100m Member

Activators are almost* always false positives. In fact the majority of "HackTool" detections I've seen are completely fake.