Last9 Enterprise x64 v1 (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Last9' started by The Freezer, May 9, 2020.

1. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Last9 v1
    May 2020
    • Last9-WinBlue-Ent-x64-FM_v1.iso
      Code:
      magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c89b93125eacfb7404a811383f421d882d5207ab&dn=Last9-WinBlue-Ent-x64_v1&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&ws=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lastos.org%2fteam%2fTheFreezerBox%2fLast9%2f&as=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lastos.org%2fteam%2fTheFreezerBox%2fLast9%2f&xs=http%3a%2f%2fsites.vergitek.com%2flastos%2fOS%2fLast9%2fLast9-WinBlue-Ent-x64_v1.torrent
      Size: 2.76 GB (2,973,696,000 bytes)
      MD5: 678c8de3e3c61edb1fe27f15eeeb9784
      User password: "trs80"
    • Last9-Plus!.Freezer.Pack.iso
      Code:
      magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d8cd8b820a514a0d65e5d72c3d947daae784d943&dn=Last9-Plus!.Freezer.Pack&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&ws=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lastos.org%2fteam%2fTheFreezerBox%2fLast9%2f&as=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lastos.org%2fteam%2fTheFreezerBox%2fLast9%2f&xs=http%3a%2f%2fsites.vergitek.com%2flastos%2fOS%2fLast9%2fLast9-Plus!.Freezer.Pack.torrent
      Size: 703.5 MB (737,705,984 bytes)
      MD5: 76a18a6780c2bf49267e7ac1397471aa

Screenshots:
      Last9-WinBlue_Install.Drive.png Last9-WinBlue_Installing.Windows.png Last9-WinBlue_Logon.Scren.png Last9-WinBlue_PostLogon.png Last9-WinBlue_Post.Final.Restart-LastOS.Settings.png Last9-WinBlue_Post.Final.Restart-ssWPI.png Last9-WinBlue_SystemProperties.png Last9-WinBlue_SystemAbout.png Last9-WinBlue_LastOS.Sorted.png Last9-WinBlue_Games.Pack-in.png
    Share and Enjoy!

:cool:

6100m, Trouba, bphlpt and 1 other person like this.
  2. The Freezer

Why Last9? A so called "Windows 9" with the LastOS treatment?

Historically, there have been two future versions of Windows tentatively called "Windows 9". The first, code-named "Blue" -- sometimes code-named "Next" -- was rumored to bring back the UI from Windows 7, while keeping the kernel improvements from Windows 8. Ultimately it became Windows 8.1 (8+1=9) and held onto the NT version 6.3 (6+3=9). But still Windows 8.1 fell far short of those original Windows 9 rumors. And perhaps the biggest flaw that Windows 8.1 just couldn't fix was the part where you still have to say Windows 8 to get to it.

The second mythical Windows 9 -- code-named "Threshold", originally to be Windows 8.2 (8+2=10) or NT version 6.4 (6+4=10) would ultimately become Windows 10 with a long jump to version NT 10.0... Yet, despite such concessions as the return of the start button with a real start-menu; it still feels like broken promises and for many an anti-climatic let down.

It's all sort of like that old joke why there was never a Windows 9... because 7, 8, 9. ;)

(Sidenote, the precedent for these version number correlations are based upon some simple observations... NT 6.0 is Vista (or say, Windows 6), NT 6.1 (6+1=7) became Windows 7, and NT 6.2 (6+2=8) became Windows 8. Go back further and you'll find Windows 2000/XP/2K3 were NT 5.x; before that you have Window NT 4.x and Windows 95/98/ME (ver 4.x), etc.)
    So... this is my re-imagining of perhaps how that first "Windows 9" could've been... ;)

6100m likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Not important, but this will not work with DirectX 12 only Games/Apps, isn't important to most non gamer users (yet).

I'd recommend you build and include a Last9 Tweaks ssApp, this comes in VERY handy if you do a restore or some sort of update and need to apply them again.
    I'd have modified that AeroGlass Settings GUI to have a nicer icon

You have left MyUninstaller in the This PC context System Menu and also on the Desktop context System Menu but not included it in the C:\Windows folder.

Partition Wizard 9.1 Server Doesn't work in a Win 10 PE, you should use MiniTool.Partition.Wizard.Technician_v11.6_ppApp.apz if you go with a Win 10 PE, else if Win 8.1 base it should still work fine.

Just over 600MB of Updates available in VM, I imagine that the Drivers and MS App features would be working in real Hardware making it get them too.

The install was problem free, been many years since I seen a Win 8 OS, but having the Games in the Games Link in start menu was a bit confusing not having them also in the - Games menu links was strange. I pressed shift and clicked start, I forgot how horrible Default Start function was in 8, how you have to then press the down arrow to get to the start menu apps and not just the tiles... Glad you included Open Shell. I noticed Games were available in the Modern Apps menu under Games, so I am guessing it collates them itself.

Seems to work on the same amount of RAM as my Last20 build, so very lite.

I am used to my gray themed Windows now so seeing Aero again I have learned that I am in fact happier without it now - weird! :D was very easy to colorize it tho so no biggy.

I will pick this OS over Windows XP, 7 or 8 when I need it, I remember how well Windows 7 drivers worked with 8, so this will be useful to have, thank you.

VirtualBox_Windows 10 x64 Last20_10_05_2020_19_48_42.png

I like how WinVer and ver show 6.3 and the badge is Windows 9, very good modding to how it would have been if they fixed windows 8 like it should have been.

The Freezer likes this.
  4. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Installed it last night on an old Dell E5500 laptop and it works good! Only issue was that 8 second thing that my AV caught while mounting the ISO to the flash drive. All good other than that. Runs nice and smooth using a low amount of memory. Good job The Freezer.

5. The Freezer

Not sure what you mean about your Anti-virus issue. I'll need to take a closer look at it (for the next release) :)

6. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Maybe a false positive on the activator?

7. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

I have come across other unofficial versions of Windows 9 too!

8. The Freezer

Whatever "that 8 second thing" is ... :what:

9. The Freezer

Okay, that "8 second thing" -- or a "15 second thing" in my case -- was Avast detecting Rufus itself as potential malware and scanning it in what appears to be a sandbox:

upload_2020-5-18_9-48-59.png

10. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

WHAT!!! You have an AV running while doing an install, or creating the install material, or what??!!!

11. The Freezer

No, not me; but apparently BillyBob62 does. ;)

EDIT: It's not quarantining anything as far as I can tell. Just sandbox-scanning the various executables and letting them pass. Even SetupS.exe got the treatment.

12. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Actually I was using Rufus to load the ISO to my flash drive and didn't turn off my AV and it must have been the KMS probably that's what I think. Nothing really wrong with the OS that's for sure. Nice build!

13. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Yeah any time you work on ANY LastOS you will have it find KMS or other activators. and many other tools we include (hiding cmd windows, advanced features, password recovery etc). So it is always going to cause problems if you attempt to build an install disk with any AV type software active. Simply pause it until you eject/remove the disk and it'll work fine.

billybob62 likes this.
  14. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Have installed many systems on my rig and laptops. Just got excited about installing it and forgot. (Happens).

15. mircea

mircea Member

Nice work.Freezer when u have a little time can u do the same for WINDOWS7 ULTIMATE 64bit whit all last updates?Please.

16. 6100m

6100m Member

As usual, I am satisfied with the themes and software selection. What's interesting is this reminds me of a build from TeamOS a little, the icon pack/wallpaper. Cool how it does nevertheless. :D

17. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

Thanks for this, been looking for a 8.1 so I can try to dump 10 but will definitely try this

18. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

LOL I never even saw this, I was on hiatus then :) Nice.

19. The Freezer

Then you'll be pleased to know I've been working on a nearly identical treatment for Windows 10 called LastX. (That part of the thread starts here) ;)

And it's coming along surprisingly well. It's just lately I haven't had much time to work on the project.

FYI, it's much improved since those earlier screen-shots. For example, Explorer and whatnot now have more 3D-looking buttons, tabs, and toolbars. Looks much better. Ditto with the taskbar. The theme now works better (more friendly) with the various browsers. Also I've switch it to a Windows 7 IconPack.

I'll see about updating the screen-shots for how it's looking like these days. :)

20. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

Having 3rd try at downloading with utorrent, 1st two times it said it was finished it wasn't lol, weird. Normally after force recheck it works

21. mircea

mircea Member

22. mircea

mircea Member

THE FREEZER.I have an old PC and work on 64bit only whit win7.I need the same work as u did here but whit megapack driver.Please.

23. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, you were stuck in moderation, mircea.

24. The Freezer

:what:

Not sure how that would be helpful to anyone as the whole motivation behind Last9 was to make it as similar to Windows 7 as possible: Making A Really Useful Modern Windows. And currently I'm attempting a comparable treatment for Windows 10 -- also a Windows 7 "look-a-like".

But perhaps I'm missing something. Maybe you are looking for the likes of Last7, or Cosmos, etc., instead? I.e., Last7 Collection

25. mircea

mircea Member

I mean to include all your setups and apps from your Last 9 into windows7 from the link that i give u.Windows 7 64bit its only suported for my PC.I need 64bit for games.