Archiving comparison

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by bphlpt, Sep 27, 2013.

1. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

With WinRAR5 out now, there has been more interest in this topic. I ran across this post at MSFN:

NOTE: Be sure to expand the quote box above and check out the comparison tables at maximumcompression.com. They are quite interesting. I had no idea there were that many compression software programs available.

[FORUM MGMT NOTE: I guess the expansion and contraction of the quote boxes are a new feature with the latest forum update? Also the options to edit a post silently or not? (is that option available to all members or only staff?) While I like the edit silently, or not, option, (though I'd like to set my default preference of "Edit silently" in my profile), I don't know if I like the expansion/contraction. If you are not paying attention you might miss it, since the "click to expand" button does not have a very high contrast to the post background, at least in the LastOS visual style.]

We have an ssApp available of FreeArc v0.666, the last stable release, but it hasn't been converted to the SetupS v13 format, yet. FreeArc v0.70 is expected to be released in October.