Brain-fart - OSI model description of layers (graphically)

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by zdevilinside, Jan 23, 2016.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I have to make a graphical representation of the OSI model. I know the layers but I just cannot for the life of me think of a way to show the Transport, Session, Presentation and Application layers graphically. Right now, I am using Packettracer to show the network and doing a screenshot of it to put into Word because I cannot figure out Visio at the moment. Physical is displayed via the cabling and radio waves (this is all in a "legend" for the graphic), DataLink is shown with the link lights on the routers/switches and Network is the IP addresses used on the systems/devices/routers/layer-3 switches. I just cannot think of how to describe the rest in a graphical representation.

Suggestions on how I might want to try to do this?

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I can't really help with this as I never did higher education and haven't worked for a company that needs such information, so my response would be:

if 2 + 2 = fish then of course 7 + 7 = triangle

Good luck with finding a useful answer tho ;)

This image makes it look fairly easy to follow:

[​IMG]

:p

truthfully I would usually just head over to google and see how other people work with certain types of data:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...XHpZQKHSYVCkAQsAQIJg&biw=1837&bih=815#imgrc=_