Building an OS

Discussion in 'LastOS-Based Mods Released By Other Members' started by 00Proteus00, Mar 11, 2021.

1. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

Talking about building isnt TABOO here.

I get asked ALL the time what I use and how I do it. I made this to make replies easier for those interested in building over at "other" places.

Its NOT perfect, but for me, it does what I want it to do, I havent touched HTML since the late 90's!

http://mythology.theworkpc.com

If this is against site rules or regulations, please advise me and I shall remove it.

We know there is a LOT more to building than what I have encompassed, but, to do a basic build that you can call your own, this will help them do that. If they are driven, then they will pursue it further like we all did (builders).

bphlpt, mircea, Trouba and 2 others like this.
  2. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Actually quite the opposite -- it's encouraged here. :cool:

bphlpt, mircea, Trouba and 1 other person like this.
  3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Thank you, great resources (y)

mircea and 00Proteus00 like this.
  4. mircea

mircea Member

When i activate Boot image file give this error.
    upload_2021-3-11_20-22-30.jpeg

and after clik OK it give me this:
    upload_2021-3-11_20-23-42.jpeg

5. 00Proteus00

6. mircea

mircea Member

Same error.

7. 00Proteus00

Sounds like an IDM issue. HTML doesnt judge, it just sends the file when asked. Try NOT using IDM and doing it the old fashioned way, and see if that makes a difference

mircea likes this.
  8. mircea

mircea Member

Can u put all this in one file to be download from torent or something else?

9. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

@mircea - Works for me through Google Chrome browser just fine.

Seems he has this hosted on a server so its got a good place to get it from, might be your AV - Anti Virus or something else.

But 7-zip is the best for me for years now as it can handle this for free over winrar, just do not care for winrar anymore ( just my opinion )

10. 00Proteus00

I have the webserver on my i5 which is also my seedbox. So no super BIG files or it will slow down my home network.

mircea likes this.
  11. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@mircea, to echo what @Ghost said, all nine of Proteus's download links work fine for me using Chrome, and all nine downloads then expand fine for me using 7-Zip. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

mircea likes this.
  12. 00Proteus00

I've tried with ALL the MAIN browsers, Chrome , IE, Edge, Firefox, from a different PC, and ALL downloads work fine for me. Its got to be something with the settings in either his firewall or I.D.M.

mircea likes this.
  13. 57331

57331 Guest

It's definitely his IDM installation, most likely it hasn't integrated itself into his browers properly due to it not having enough permission to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-to-idm/68ec56a3-398b-4480-ad81-91e498578519.

14. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

He implied to me he got it to download (he was looking at the .bif files) so I think he just didn't follow up to let you know he was able to download it :D

15. mircea

mircea Member

Yes its ok now.I download it.

00Proteus00 likes this.