Cleanest LastOS Builds

Discussion in 'LastOS News' started by Glenn, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I have been playing with UUP

https://uupdump.net/

Latest Windows 11 Build:
    https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=688ffe9a-36b5-4b16-992c-edcfe8e9a4f6

Pick US and pick next.
    Tick only Pro and press Next
    Pick download and convert to ISO
    Pick Include updates and Run Component Cleanup
    Press Create Download Package

Extract the downloaded package

Extract the attached file into the above's folder and modify any apps you want to include/remove in "CustomAppsList.txt"

Run "uup_download_windows.cmd" and wait for it to produce a ISO

Extract the sources\install.wim from the ISO

Open the install.wim in 7zip and delete "C:\Windows\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe" and "C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.22621.1_none_86d60ce019ce7baf\OneDriveSetup.exe"

Put it in a windows 10 ISO so you can boot it in a VM and sysprep it. Make sure to disconnect the VM's network card if you want it the smallest and cleanest (else it will update the Store Apps (if store is left in).

This will produce a OS that has never had the UWP apps in it, making it cleaner and lighter than any OS that has had them installed then removed, it will not provision them meaning any new users will not get a bunch of UWP apps installed at first logon. It also has the latest Updates added using dism after the install.wim is built including Dot.NET 4.8. but not Defender or MRT or the crap ones :)

Attached Files:

chevy350 and pacav69 like this.
  2. Glenn

As another note, to get an updated "CustomAppsList.txt" from any new builds without needing to use my attachment, you need to run the "uup_download_windows.cmd" until that file appears and then quit it - it doesn't matter if you abort a build as it seems to know what it's doing and work with any future builds. This should make that file with a newer list of components you can add and remove.

3. Glenn

My edit's in ConvertConfig.ini:

Cleanup =1
    ResetBase =1
    SkipWinRE =1
    SkipEdge =1

I think changing:

AutoExit =1
    vSkipISO =1

Would make it easier to grab the install.wim from a folder instead of inside a ISO, but I've not tested it yet