Combining install.esds or multiboot AIO?

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Jul 5, 2018.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I am wondering if any of you have tried to combine the 7, 8.1 and 10 install.esd files so you can create a single bootable media. Do you think it is a good idea to do that or create a multiboot ISO via WinsetupfromUSB?

I want to try to cut back on carrying as many USB drives as I have been in the past.

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

It's very easy to make up a multi platform USB, but very hard to get different editions to Auto Install silently as they require different EI.CFG's and stuff like that, many people already do have AIO solutions, but personally I just move my whole USB's Sources Content into individual folders and rename them as required... if I am Lazy I will use WinNTSetup and just browse for the install.esd/wim I want to install from instead of renaming them... works a treat for me anyway.

\Win10_Sources\
    \Win8_Sources\
    \Win7_Sources\

I never have all 3 at once as I use the LivePE to boot and rename to the one I want to boot/install from.

3. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Okay - thanks for the tip! I appreciate it! Those darn EI.CFG's are going to be the bane of my existence.