Dolphin on Steam - Emulation

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by Glenn, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I watched the video above and found it to be very well done explaining in detail about the issues relating to Dolphin on Steam.

My own opinion is we should stay in our lane, those that have the knowledge can enjoy emulation, but we should not make it so Game/Console makers are losing sales that would in turn end the incentive for anyone to work on AAA games as who would pay them? We need to support the system up until they demand more than we are willing to allow - EG some AAA games are beyond $130 to buy now - I'd never personally pay that amount for one game as I don't have the ability to get my value (in time to play it), but the only way I need to show my objection is by not buying it, the market is driven by those who are able to make the sales, so it's not something we have to fight to change.

On the other hand, DRM affecting your ability to play games (especially ones you are now unable to play that you paid for) should be removed after the initial sales period has occurred. I still practice the, if something adds value to my life I will buy it (even if I do taste test the full versions before doing so). But as I don't use apps or games every day, I don't have many that I will spend my money on.

Lets hope it all goes back to normal soon :)

6100m likes this.