Electric Vehicles (EV)

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by pacav69, Oct 4, 2022.

1. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

Electric Vehicles (EV) Introduction
    I have long been interest in Electric Vehicle (EV)s since i first saw an eletric car at the Royal Melbourne Show amusements.
    The cars had a long pole extending up to an overhead mesh grid that powered the two seater where you could drive around a small circuit bumping into other cars I think it was called 'bumper cars'. That was many many many moons ago and I thought what a great idea. If only we could make the cars less relient on overhead power.
    Then i saw a tram sometimes called a trolley it just fascinated me. In Melbourne Australia there are a lot of trams providing public transport.
    In 2022 there are a number car manufacturers making EVs with various ranges fron 100km upto 500km with most of them using Lithium Ion battery technology however on the horizon there other forms of battery storage in the following articles i hope to cover my findings on new technologies in Electric Vehicles and related topics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Trouba likes this.
  2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Cool! Some months ago I read a German company has been working on a battery sytem / charging technology that drastically speeds up charging without it degrading the batteries.

3. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

I think that was a sodium based lbattery

Trouba likes this.