Example of a mod for Win8.1

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by bphlpt, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I know that Glenn has been wondering who will bother to mod the Win8 family of OS. I ran across an example of someone's efforts over at MSFN. I actually think it looks pretty good. Enjoy :) :

--------------------------

My theme is neiio's 'Work For Windows 8', available at deviantART, modified graciously by MrGrim, due to a request I made recently in another thread here at MSFN, to be more compatible with the way Windows 8.1 displays text in the title-bar (MrGrim created 2 custom-mods of the theme, I'll link the thread below the screenshots, one with white text and one with no text, both easily configurable to hide the background image that MS has added to the title-bar texting). My wallpapers are custom-made by me, a set of 27 (rotating every 30-sec.) images that feature the Peugeot Onyx concept car, designed with RocketDock and RainMeter borders. RainMeter-skins in the right area are from 'Rainify', the peeled (left-top) one was made by gsw953, another great theme-maker/designer/jack-of-all-trades who's a member at deviantART, Virtual Customs, and several other great sites, AIMP3 skin is called Hearts Desire, timedate images (clock) are my creations, icons are Variations For Windows 8, a 7tsp icon-installer put together by UltimateDesktops (at deviantART), using original creations from GuillenDesign, also popular there at DA. System Properties image is a .png I made, applied with the program "Windows 7 System Properties Logo Changer", which works fine with Win8 and 8.1, RocketDock-skin/icons are my creations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get MrGrim's modded version of the Work theme here: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/169469-title-bar-text-and-background-in-windows-81/#entry1058139 (post # 10)

Or from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/86tjmjnowavavju/Work_Grim_mod.zip