Greetings!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Urlik Skarsol, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I've been a longtime fan of LastOS and ssTek tools, since the LastXP days (I think my first was LastXP12) and I'm finally trying to actually DO something with this stuff myself. So, I'm joining the crew and if I can come up with anything useful, I'll share it with everybody.

mircea likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

That's the spirit... Don't get too caught up in each step, the goal of OS modding is either to speed up getting into a good solid OS with options and customization and/or to customize the appearance. I used to spend a LONG time making each release up to date and try to get them perfect all at once. now I have learned that you only really need a OS that can get it's latest updates applied post install without causing issues, that is why every major release of LTSB/C we (well trouba) makes a updated base image, I still use Winbuilder to make a Win10PE_SE LivePE with embedded LastOS Addons for SetupS/ppAppsLive and embedded apps/tools. The apps we now update as we need to update them, no point in chasing the latest version of each as I have found many apps introduce new bugs along the way anyway, so until a new feature I want is added I stick with what works app/addon related.

You can spend as little or as long as you want tinkering and asking questions to help, but I am glad to see you are wanting to share any ideas you discover/decide, it means we can all advance from your knowledge too, thank you.

mircea likes this.
  3. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Welcome, Urlik! Look around, read a lot, try things, and ask questions. That's how we all have learned. :)

mircea likes this.