Hell no, we won't go: 10 reasons some XP users refuse to upgrade

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by pacav69, Feb 21, 2014.

1. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

2. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

I never understood what the big deal is -- the big scare about XP becomiing vulnerable to malware, etc. I mean, it's not as if other companies are no longer supporting XP -- Symantic/Norton, McAffee/Intel, Eset/Nod, Malwarebytes, Avast, etc. And even Microsoft has decided last month to have Security Essentials/Defender continue updates for XP indefinitely...

3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

That Robolinux OS sounds pretty cool :)

4. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

The only reason I can see for running XP is when running older hardware. There are several people I maintain installs for, some of whom are/were adamant that they wanted nothing but XP. On the XP computers I installed various malware progs, AV's, etc. On the Win7 PC's I hardly installed anything, maybe a lite running COMODO. Guess who call me constantly and who don't. You guessed it because deep down you know it :) XP users called me again and again because their installs go haywire.

I do think if you're savvy you can run any Windows OS (well, except maybe ME lol) and it be fine for you. But for regular users I would not recommend XP anymore. The compatibility where it comes to drivers is also impeded in the XP scenario and newer hardwares. I think the current question isn't so much anymore "why would I change from using XP?" as "why are you still using XP?" :D

Glenn likes this.