Hello all from Michael

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Michael740, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Well I have been here in Oregon I Build my own Computers and have been a Las OS user for many years I started with XP I think I found about 10 different versions then worked my way to Last 7. I think you all do a great job building Last OS I just recently found the site again and even forgot I was a member / I bought my Win 10 home about a year ago and have been using that on my main Computer. I downloaded a couple of builds of Last 10 and have installed 2 ver on 2 computers that I have put back together. I am getting ready for the 3rd build today. So this is just a little about me and thought I should make a post in the welcome area. I would like to say thanks to all those who built all the previous Builds as I have been using them I am thinking for the last 10 or 15 or more years. They are always streamlined low system usage and well win 7 loaded say 70 to 100 processes and Last 7 only ran 48 to 56 I really loved how it worked so thanks for years of windows.

:emoji_point_left:Thanks:emoji_point_right: :emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_hand_splayed:
    Michael Moore

2. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Welcome!

00Proteus00, mircea and Michael740 like this.
  3. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

G'day & good to see you.

4. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Thanks for comment

00Proteus00 and mircea like this.
  5. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Thanks for comment

6. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Hey All just wanded to say Glad to see Last OS back up and runnin and wanted to wish all a Happy Thanks Giving!!!!!!!

00Proteus00, mircea and bphlpt like this.
  7. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Thank you, Michael :)

8. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

No Prob and thanks for the post

9. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Well Hey I would like to say thanks to all the people who liked this post and I hope your all doing well. Just remember we all are going through the same thing no matter where we are in the World.

10. mircea

mircea Member

BLA blaetc...just tr Trouba wimdows 7 64bit....and we tallk abot witth-.....

11. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Well, I am not sure just what happened but I seem to have lost my username and I guess account so I just thought I would check in as it's been a little while been pre-testing the Windows 11 and it's different some things are gone or out of the way as it should be but you cant just click on the taskbar and get the task manager that stupid page there when you click on the windows key is well-hidden unless you like the widgets page or something I guess they are calling it. So The Taskbar was Centered well I guess it's is coming out that way cause I have not seen any changes for that in the future It took me a bit to get it back to the left side of the screen now if it was installed on my racing computer which may happen they are loosening some of the restrictions on older units and I can get a TPM 2.0 to install on this is My Racing Rig

ASUS Sabertooth X79
    Xeon E-2697 v2 12 core 20 thread 2.5 or 7 GHz to 3.8 GHz
    Rozwell 120 liquid CPU cooler
    32 GIGs G-Skill 1833 Mhz quad-channel Ram
    2 DVD Drives a 24 burner and ASUS x-multi 48 Burner

Kingstone 500G
    SSD Drive
    2 WD 1TB 78oo rpm SATA hard drives
    XFX AMD RX-570 Graphics
    Viotek 32" curved Monitor 75hz Gaming
    2 ACER 24" Monitors one on each side of the 32
    1 HP 19" for Team Speak, Voice Attack, and Afterburner
    it's in a Cooler Master Haf it's got
    3-5"Drive Bays
    6-3.5" Drive Bays
    2-3.5" Exterior Hot Drive Bays
    Front and Side 240mm Fans RGB

4 120mm fans top and rear
    Using Onboard Realtec Sound
    with Logitech G633 wired Headset

With a Logitech G923, Racing Wheel-mounted to
    A Custom Made Modular Racing rig
    w/Seat, pedal stand, and wheel mount.

Then I got the other Semi Monster
    The ASUS P9X79-LE
    It was a bit of work getting both these updated to be able to even
    get started-up and P9 was hardest of all it has an old style of ASUS bios system in it so I had to find the file barrier in ASUS which I got somewhere else that had the converter to take the old bios and make it read the new file type which is a pain in the caboose.
    But after the bios were fixed and updated man I have a newer ASUS Rog Strix with the M.2 32gig hrz 530gig Hard Drive and I7 8700 8th gen and 16 gigs DDR 4 3200 rams and It blew my mind just how fast the P9X79 installed a complete Windows 10 OS I kid you not in just about 18 min flat it was the best it has a Xeon E2670 v2 10core 2.8 to almost 4 so why they call them outdated I would never guess I mean come on people with everything really cant afford to go out and get topo line computers just so they can install window 11

Ok Ok, I know I dragging on but Even ASUS said that my board wasn't ready for Windows 11 I wrote them an email to inform them that their website was still behind and that my MOBO was still listed as nogo then told them all I had to do was turn on TPM 3.0 and off I went no worries and no problems at all so far.

Well I guess I will let you all keep on working on your great Last builds I have used them since I can remember Windows 99 or XP Hell I wouldn't run any other for the last 20-25 years and still have disks of them and still have them installed on some older gear,

Well MichaelMoore740
    Or Badboy740

what ever you wanna call me I'M Back thanks guys

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  12. bphlpt

Hey Michael / Badboy,

We recently did some forum cleanup and deleted some older accounts of folks that hadn't visited in the last 6 months or more. It looks like you got caught up in that. You should have been able to sign back up with your old user name, at least that was the plan. Would you like us to try and change your Badboy740 user name back to MichaelMoore740? We should be able to do that. Just let us know.

Michael740 likes this.
  13. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Hey thanks for the reply and it would be nice to get the old handle back if that is not an issue I did try to log in with it and could not log in at that time I know I am not a active user but I have been logging in a few or couple times a year I have used your builds and still have a few disks around to this day and I started with Win 98 I still do my best to spread the word to my friends and am now on sending this from your build. I will try to log in more often. So if you can no prob if you can't again no problem or worries. Thanks for getting back to me and If interested you might catch me racing on YouTube search FSBracing.com or go there and find the live link on Friday Nights. Again Thanks

Michael Moore740 aka Badboy740

14. bphlpt

I left you a PM :)