Help using SetupS Editor

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by herosz, Feb 17, 2024.

1. herosz

herosz New Member

Hy!
    I installed v.23.10.8.0 and I tried to edit an .apz file to add/remove some files to/from it. I know I can do this with 7-Zip or WinRAR but I want to do it within the SetupS Editor if possible.
    If I add a file to Exploring Working Folder (F2) and use Save SetupS file (Ctr+S) the new file is not added. I cannot rebuild the package because Built an ssApp archive package (F5) is not active.
    #1 So what is the proper way to add/remove files from an existing package?

Another issue is when I install the new created package the ssApp.app and the ssApp.cmd files are copied to the %ProgamFiles%\myApplication directory.
    #2 How can i avoid this?

# 3 How can I add a shortcut that is placed in Start Menu/Programs outside of any Folder (without its own folder). If in Default Menu I specify Programs then all Start Menu directories are added to the .app file.

2. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

The best method i use to add/delete files from an Apz is to use 7-zip to extract to folder then change to the directory of the extracted files,. alter the files then right click on the ssApp.app and select edit this will open up the setupseditor, select build option and it recreates the new apz with the new files.

Have a ead of the help file the information should be contained within.