I am building a new font collection, requesting yours please

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Glenn, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I am building a new font collection, requesting yours please...

If there is any fonts you include to use in your own OS's now is the time to share them here, I have gone through over 30000 fonts and picked out 997 of my favorites with the most variety. That said I still need to go back through them to find any similar ones as it's hard to remember that many fonts with only quick glances at each.

Anyway, if you have any packs or must haves, please share them, I am yet to seek out mono spaced fonts to include, but if anyone else has, I'd really like to get them if you know they are good to use with easy to see difference with;

I L 1
    O 0

and other characters that are hard see any differences in some font sets.

Trouba likes this.
  2. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I'll be interested on what you put together. It's probably been over 10 years since I made any effort on making a font collection, and currently my Fonts folder has about 80 installed, none that I specifically added, just the standard stuff.

3. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

i use segoe found here that is easy to read for me most likely it is contained in your list
    segoe font.jpg

4. Glenn

Yeah that font is included by default in Win 8 and above, it is a very nice font though, I preferred it to Tahoma and Arial when I first discovered it.

5. Glenn

https://www.lastos.org/repo/2023.Fonts.Pack_v2023-09-05_ssApp.apz

588 Fonts, if you don't want to install them all you can browse them by extracting the FontsPack.exe and opening their folder with explorer (change to Extra Large Icons for a preview of most).

To rename the actual names of the fonts in Windows is a pain in the butt, so I'll not be going through them one at a time to do so at this stage, if anyone else has python up and running their is some CLI tools that can do the task, but I am not experienced with using python so don't want to mess with it just yet.

If you like any of the fonts you can install them by right clicking the file or by opening them and pressing the install font button. - but I never noticed much slowdown in Photoshop after adding them.

Let me know what you think if you use it, It's got a lot better collection than the old 200 fonts and it has variety with not many similar, it's a shame I couldn't get the Styles I sorted them in to in the font names easily.

6. pacav69

here is font tester page here and here

Grumpy wizards make toxic brew for the evil Queen and Jack. A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats. The job of waxing linoleum frequently peeves chintzy kids. My girl wove six dozen plaid jackets before she quit. Twelve ziggurats quickly jumped a finch box.

7. pacav69

i remember when i was playing with a software package called printshop on my Apple ][+ that could make christmas, birthday and greeting cards and many other printing documents on a dot matrix printer they look great and a whole list of fonts to use with the software.

8. Glenn

I have found a python script to change the names of the fonts internally, so will release a new version of this later today once I manually do the stubborn ones, also one of the fonts has an error (Crashes some apps), so I've removed it from the collection.

9. Glenn

Trouba, pacav69 and bphlpt like this.
  10. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I know it's late, but you might want to make sure these are in there:

windows 7/8/10 fix emoji font from win11 23h2

emoji font from windows 11 23h2 latest version more up to date than windows 7/ 8.1/ 10 /11 21h2 or 22h2

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemjw11.ttf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
    "Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemjw11.ttf"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2z01449w7vmgkpj/seguiemjw11.ttf/file ( 1.45 version )

[​IMG]

not need to have office installed ;) Enjoy

Trouba likes this.