I just came across a Chromebook

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by Glenn, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

https://www.howtogeek.com/278953/how-to-install-windows-on-a-chromebook/

I'd never used a chromebook before and as Google no longer supported the device it was on I thought I'd see what other OS's it could take, they said Win 10 only, but after I managed to install Last11_v4 on mine it boots/works fine. It's only 16GB eMMc Disk and due to the small size, I compacted it to just <10GB with my default apps included and Virtual Ram set.

The funny part is that I left edge in and remove Chrome off this chromebook :p As it has a SD slot, I think someone could easily get by using this Lenovo N21, even though it only has eMMc and 2GB ram, Last11 runs snappy and all hardware worked after following the guide linked. Not sure what these things sell for, but they offer a list of supported Devices, so if you want a cheap ultrabook that I assume many would give up on after no more updates offered... might be worth a 2nd look.

unitop4 likes this.
  2. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Yeah it is that one, seems ok for a netbook, if it weren't for the tiny 16GB disk then it would be fine for someone to use as a facebook/youtube/web browser etc machine. But as I said, a SD Card or even a Mini USB3 disk and they could use this. I don't think it's worth $70 in the 2GB Ram model I have, but if you get the 4GB version, sure it probably would be.