Last10 LTSC x64 2020.02 Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Glenn, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I am going off a bad night sleep, but here is my list of post install jobs I might work on automating before I make this release public:

Code:
    Change Drive Letters in This PC
    LastOS Settings, UAC level set, Documents Moved to D:
    Set Network to Static IP
    Install NVidia (388.43, I need to make ssApp for 391.35 as it was the version before they dropped older cards and x86 supported drivers)
    Make Custom Resolution in nVidia Control Panel for my QHD screen
    Install Color Profile's backup
    Switch to/Verify MS Online Account
    Pair Bluetooth Headset
    MS Update
    Rearrange Desktop Icons
    SetupS Regen/Start Menu Clean
    SetupS AutoBuild Activate in ssEditor

Set Mouse and Network Power Mode to Not Wake the PC Up
    Set Power to Never Turn off PC
    Move Downloads to D:\Downloads\
    Configure FreeDownloadManager 3.9.7 Download path
    Create Quicklaunch Pins and remove Task switcher etc

Configure VirtualBox in advance
    Add back Filezilla, QBitTorrent, Advanced Renamer personal Settings.
    Place agressive Removes.ini for Sanitize
    Assoiciate Default Apps for Images, Music, Videos, Webpages.
    Associate File Types Images, Archives.
    Replace WLPG Database
    Preload Lightroom Catalogs

Let chrome open QBitTorrent for Magnet and torrents
    Configure all Chrome Extensions and Download manager (Chrono is gone?)
    Accept Certificate for remote desktop to server

Run CCleaner
    Check Startup Items
    Set Lock Screen Wallapaper

Terabyte Image backup install
    Let me know if I missed any obvious jobs, but I'll pay closer attention when I re-install my PC due to the BB Tweaks wrecking this install :)

-EDIT-

SetupS AutoBuild Activate in ssEditor

I remembered the above after the original top list (To keep track)

mircea likes this.
  2. Glenn

I found this script and modified it for my CleanVM.ISO, before I do a sysprep, I am able to modify the default user in windows 10 now :)

Code:
    @echo off
    reg load HKLM\DEFAULT c:\users\default\ntuser.dat
    rem Hide Taskview button on Taskbar
    reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v ShowTaskViewButton /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    rem Hide People button from Taskbar
    reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People" /v PeopleBand /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    rem Remove OneDrive Setup from the RUN key
    reg delete "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v OneDriveSetup /F
    rem This tweak causes the Immersive Panel in Win10 to use its built-in dark theme
    reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize" /v AppsUseLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    rem rem Disable Security and Maintenance Notifications
    rem reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Windows.SystemToast.SecurityAndMaintenance" /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    rem rem Disable Game DVR
    rem reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\System\GameConfigStore" /v GameDVR_Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    rem reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v AppCaptureEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg unload HKLM\DEFAULT
    Based on the work found here:
    https://www.joseespitia.com/2017/11/22/how-to-automatically-configure-your-default-profile/

I am still testing it, but really wanted all new users to have dark themes by default, also remove the taskbar pins :D

Oh and it also fixes the OneDrive Auto Run issue @Trouba

I've also updated a lot of the scripts and added an Overlay feature, still needs manual edits for now, but I'll automate it all eventually :)

I will share the new Sysprepper folders once I am happy with them too.

-EDIT-

Added MyUninst.exe so I can Ctrl+Delete all the runtimes etc from the Installed Programs (Who would ever uninstall them??)

-EDIT 2-

I may have modified the Logon Screen... we'll see :D

mircea and Trouba like this.
  3. Glenn

Lock Screen works so far

Dark Theme default in OS (without post tweaking :D)

I will need to sysprep and capture to know it works for sure, but looking promising

VirtualBox_Last20VMFast_15_02_2020_17_51_44.png VirtualBox_Last20VMFast_15_02_2020_17_53_27.png

mircea likes this.
  4. Glenn

YES, finally I can pre-expand the copy windows data:

Code:
    ;Show More Details by default in File Operation Windows
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager]
    "EnthusiastMode"=dword:00000001
    I kept forgetting to add that tweak... Here it is for pre integrating to Default User for Sysprep:

Code:
    rem Expand More Details during File Processors
    reg add "HKLM\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager" /v EnthusiastMode /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    -EDIT-

Really sucks when you accidently lock the VM and lose access to the Audit Desktop and have to reboot mid Update :(

I stole my 120GB out of my Laptop to use as a faster HDD and I bumped the Settings up to use Windows 10, 128mb VRAM, 2x Cores. makes it work better/faster.

mircea likes this.
  5. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Looks like you made a lot of progress. I like it when the master starts messing with the details :D

mircea likes this.
  6. Glenn

I spent the day yesterday sorting out the attic (2 7/4 trailer loads of rubbish), so only worked on this last night.

I decided to hold back sharing the OS I built and the tools I used to make it and re-write the builder scripts from scratch (with reference) which I am also documenting. It now uses many new tricks I have learned over the years and will be simple for anyone to make a Last10 based build with their own Custom source OS, Sysprep, NTLite, WinBuilder and overlays, all automated and available from a sorted single step by step folder structure. I'll try to get it finished and tested today so I can use it to make the actual public build and release the tools along side it so you can repopulate the folders using it as a source (not OS, you'll need an untouched Win 10 OS for that). I may even do up a video showing me doing it step by step myself.

7. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

This is great news, I like your approach.

mircea likes this.