Last11

Discussion in 'Last11' started by Nouisa, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Nouisa

Nouisa New Member

Hello guys
    So I've downloaded last 11 iso and while i was installing it into my computer the sswip didn't actually to work , i couldn't add any software to it there 9 selected by default other then those it wasn't possible to select any other app .
    Is there any explanation to that ??

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

You can use the arrow keys and press space to select items if for whatever reason the mouse wont let you.

Alternatively if ssWPI doesn't work for you for any reason, just enter the folders and double click on the apps one at a time that you want installed - Wait for each one to finish installing before you click the next ones.

ssWPI works from the LivePE before you start the install and it is available on ANY Windows PC (some apps are Arch specific and OS Specific, but generally this is disabled from hiding them in Last11 as I like to be able to see every item from the apps list).

-EDIT-

You must leave the USB in the PC until your apps have installed and you fill out the settings app.. if you have a weird USB 3 chipset, you may need to use a USB2 one for it to be automated - else you'll have to install the updates/drivers and then run things manually. - To run the whole automation post install run : X:\sources\$Scripts\FirstLogon.cmd (Right click it and choose "Run as Administrator")

3. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

First boot from a USB that has the LastOS files installed on it.
    Then after bootup double click on ssWpi application,
    then select the apps required
    click on the apply
    once that stage is complete then click on the install setup
    this will install the win os and then after it will start to install the ssWpi apps seleceted previously

If you wish to add other apzs' onto the USB then copy them to SssAppinstal or ppAppinstal
    then run ssWpi and do a refresh it will then read the new apps added.

Glenn likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Thanks pacav, I sometimes forget that many users aren't aware that the LivePE isn't the installed OS, so if they attempted to use ssWPI from the LivePE boot it will not install them.

pacav69 likes this.
  5. pacav69

I think that on the next rebuild that you place a text file on the livepe desktop giving the user instructions on what to do to prevent any confusion.

6. pacav69

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  7. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  8. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@Ghost, personally, I think the other "default" listing - sort date descending - was better. That way highlighted which apps were most recently added. You could always resort the page in any way you liked at any time simply by clicking the column headings - "File", "Size", or "Last Modified". Now, to see if any new apps were added, you have to load the page then click "Last Modified" twice. The other way, to get an alphabetical listing, you just had to load the page and click "File" once. :)

I'd vote to change it back, but I'd be fine with whatever the majority agreed was best. It's only a couple of mouse clicks either way.

pacav69 likes this.
  9. pacav69

@Ghost i agree with @bphlpt that the list be in date order as most of us download the files and only want the latest version which is usually shown by date. If for any reason you need it in alphabetical order you just need to click on the name part of the list and will sort it.

10. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Changed them back, I was looking at the list when I clicked the link and I was under the impression that was the only way to see the list, Yea go figure right LOL.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
    bphlpt likes this.