Last8 Collection

Discussion in 'Last8' started by The Freezer, Nov 3, 2018.

1. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

AwakenOS
    February 2015
    • AwakenOSv813.iso
      Code:
      magnet:?xt=urn:btih:00AAF6BBC7889655121CAA5B70A86AF97D229EC8&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&dn=AwakenOSv813.iso
      Size: 4,167,297,024 bytes
      MD5: 9bfad4e7eb907209fcb855766689ffd1
      Screenshots:

2. STimm81023

STimm81023 Guest

I been using this in VirtualBox and really like it. It updated on windows update and runs at .5GB of RAM.

3. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

I wanted to install this but not sure if it is more feasible to install a newer one lol

ese callum likes this.
  4. ese callum

ese callum New Member

does it look like windows 7 . i installed it out of the box and it was hideous. looked awful and hard to work with. i wonder if there is version tweaked to look like win 7 but x64.
    i have win 7 x32 but need to move 8.1 x64 due to less software compatibility.

5. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Please consider using a Windows 10 mod with a start menu replacement, it will be supported by MS and much safer to use online. Windows 8 and below are not really supported. If you update your BIOS to the latest, then 99% of the time Windows 10 with Defender disabled and a menu replacement will be a lot more responsive and stable than win 8 and even more software is supported as QT6 and higher Dot.NET runtimes are available, I personally only put Windows 11 on every PC now and the very few that have required an older OS I have used 10 x64 as sometimes custom hardware will BSOD win 11 (but only 3 out of 100 PC's required this).

6. ese callum

ese callum New Member

reason i want 8.1 is no telemetry as in win 10 and win 11... constant and massive spying and even if you shut it off restarts with next update.
    do you know of any win8.1 x64 modified to look like win7?

7. ese callum

ese callum New Member

no one is seeding. just sitting there.

8. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

check again

9. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

We remove and block all telemetry things from all LastOS's, so that reason isn't really a valid one IMO. The only loop hole is if you choose to use Edge over other web browsers as this can and will still track you more than the others. On top of this we use the hosts file to block many websites from tracking or being available, including many ad servers. As defender also uploads details to Microsoft and slows down your PC as well, it's disabled by default in all LastOS's.

I would personally rather MS track a little of my data than to have an unsecured OS running on it where anyone who knows how to make use of 0-day exploits and bot nets has a much higher chance at success than using a OS that has patches in place for vulnerabilities. You really can't pick and choose the security issues that are important to you as it only takes 1 for your whole OS to be unsecure. The fact is if all these things are bothering you so much then you would do much better using a Linux distro and using Steam/Proton and Wine to run your Windows tools/games. Compared to all windows this will be a lot more secure and not tracked so much as the whole ethos of Linux is security first, even before ease of use.

Look all I am saying is there is no way I can recommend people use older windows anymore, our whole lives have switched to online, where the browser is more important than the OS (not every use case, but most), So if you choose to go ahead with using Windows xp, 7 or 8 then I am just saying I also wont be helping with support like I do with Windows 10 and 11, as I wouldn't use them myself so I'd not have many solutions to the issues you'll encounter. If it works fine for you then enjoy, if not, I am sure you'll learn the hard way that once MS abandon their OS's, you don't really have much choice without fighting a heap of compatibility issues with newer software etc, they don't even test their newer software on Windows 8, so it's never going to be stable, optimized or reliable.

ese callum likes this.
  10. ese callum

ese callum New Member

i use win 7 x32 but aware of reducing software compatibility.. how ever it is snappy and fast. i have never had a virus issue. i use avast.

i did try to download LastOs but no one seems to be seeding it or the links are expired and also i dont have a key for it

Could you provide these links?

11. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

12. ese callum

ese callum New Member

Yes i have that. i dont have the LastOS links

13. bphlpt

@ese callum, Try the magnet link you tried earlier, above, again. Torrents come and go, have patience. Let us know after a day or so if you have any luck or not.

Ghost likes this.
  14. ese callum

ese callum New Member

Had it for a few day. stuck on trying to connect to peers on utorrent.

15. bphlpt

16. ese callum

ese callum New Member

Tried it already on qbittorrent and bitspirit. Still trying to connect to peers.

17. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Try taking a look at: Last9 Enterprise x64. A main motivation behind Last9 was to make Windows 8.1 as similar to Windows 7 as possible -- a Windows 7 "look-a-like" as it were: Making A Really Useful Modern Windows.

Trouba likes this.
  18. bphlpt

You can try using the torrent file below. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what the problem could be. As I said, the torrent has been consistently seeded for some time by more than one seeder.

But, as @The Freezer suggested, Last9 Enterprise x64 is another, more recent version of 8.1 that you might prefer.

Attached Files:

19. ese callum

ese callum New Member

Thanks for that. i have it opened in bitspirit. shows zero seed zero peer 2 available.

20. ese callum

ese callum New Member

hi

update. its downloading now as AWAKENOSVS813.ISO.

thanks.

21. ese callum

ese callum New Member

i have it in whole now and seeding it too. can some one who has tried it explain how it looks before i install it?

has bloat been removed?

does it look more like win 7?

22. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

23. ese callum

ese callum New Member