LastOS 1809 LTSC x64 Alienistic

Discussion in 'LastOS-Based Mods Released By Other Members' started by 00Proteus00, Feb 9, 2020.

1. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

[​IMG]

Windows 10 1809 LTSC x64 Alienistic

About
    Windows 10 1809 LTSC x64 17763.1012
    Updated thru February 9,2020
    Language: English
    Size:
    6.63gb

NOTE: Build SHOULD auto activate, however, just in case it doesnt, KMS38 Activator
    included on desktop for activation. Just open up the folder, right click
    KMS38_Activation and run as administrator. Sit back and wait for the magic to happen.

NOTE: Once Windows is finished installing and is activated, double click the "Settings" icon on the desktop
    and the "Additional Setings" program will open and you can choose what if anything you would like to change.
    DVD/Flashdrive MUST be inserted for the settings to work. DONT delete the icon til finished installing what you want.

NOTE: Once Windows is finished installing and is activated, double click the "Post Installer" icon on the desktop
    and the post installer program will open and you can choose as many programs as you like. DVD/Flashdrive
    MUST be inserted for the post installer to work. DONT delete the icon til finished installing what you want.

NOTE: Alien Skull may not load in StartIsBack, if not, just right click start menu,
    choose properties, then choose appearance, and load it from there.

Removed
    Nothing

Disabled
    Nothing

Added
    7Zip
    Google Chrome
    StartisBack
    UxThemepatcher
    Ribbon Disabler
    3 Custom Themes
    Tech3 Icon Pack
    MS Visual Basic Updates
    DX9 Updates
    Right Click Enhancer

Additional Software Available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Themes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torrent URL
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:93505B2EF1D76BAF956AB9A979147BAFCEA9DE4D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    john lemley, bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Still 9+ hours before i have this torrent, going to go sleep while it downloads :)

3. 00Proteus00

Dont know why its so slow, usually get 600+ kb/s.

4. Glenn

It's 600kb/s now, something must have changed.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  5. 00Proteus00

Could be not traffic in my area. I pay for 50Mb/s down and 5Mb/s up, but generally I get 2Mb down and about 600kb up

6. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I've uploaded quite a few images and apps but the most I have every gotten for upload is 120kbps. Now you know why I don't include many apps with the images :D At best my down is 2.3mbit.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  7. Glenn

I have started testing this, it's perfect so far except one big oversight, because you do not use a AutoUnattend.xml, none of the sources, $FirstLogon, $PostLogonApps, $RegTweaks, $Scripts are used, even though you included them, we use AutoUnattend.xml to call it due to it being able to run would UAC showing up but full Administrator/Trusted Installer support... This means more tweaks stick and everything can run without user interaction (UAC). Using SetupComplete.cmd doesn't work as well, but would be better than nothing IMO.

No mouse cursor mod this time?

I noticed your ssWPI, has the same presets I made, you can pre select applications and save them as custom presets, this might be handy for you, because only you know what apps you always pick.

BBS with more, I need dinner first.

---------------

Logon Screen reverted back to Default one (man I hate that logon screen now, I change it manually :D)

UAC was off by default... No sir, I didn't like it.. easy to change, but some users wont know why things fail on them.

Windows Update doesn't work, it just crashes out on me. Even if you want it to stay on 1809, you can't have updates not working, not sure why it's not working tho or if you even meant for them not to.

-EDIT-

I tried to use the Alternative MS Update tool and that gave me a file system error ( I think one of your files is corrupted).

8. 00Proteus00

New machine now. Upgraded from an i5 3470 w/8gb ram to a Ryzen 2700x w/32gb ram. Major increase in speed and building power. I do NOT like 1909. I have had nothing but issues with builds when I use it. As far as the update issue and corrupted file, I am probably to blame for that. I altered my WIM capture commandline and didnt include the /verify and /checkintegrity lines in it for this build. Came back to bite me in the ass. I went for speed instead of stability in the WIM creation. Lesson learned. As far as the login screen, I have no clue how to make the changes stick. I can take ownership of the files, and then when it is reinstalled in the new OS, it always reverts back. It doesnt take much to change it, but a way around it would be nice. UAC I changed by the slider method you showed me (on another new build), and it seems to be working better. Bear with me, Im still learning :) but, am still enthusiastic.

Glenn likes this.
  9. Glenn

Your a perfect student... If you were taking offence at my feedback then it would be a waste of both our time ;) So keep relaxing with your builds, I am curious - do you have music on or TV/Movies while you build OS? I never used to, but have started having a youtube playlist running when I don't need full concentration (which is quite a while when your on magnetic, not a SSD or M.2 disk for a Sysprep/Capture/ESD convert :)

Trouba's LTSC 2019 has been better for me to install and use than all other Windows 10's Maybe send him a PM if you want to attempt to use that as a base OS to see if it behaves better for you too.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  10. 00Proteus00

I never take offense :) It's constructive criticism. I expect it, how else does one learn?

Glenn likes this.
  11. Trouba

00Proteus00, I'd normally install and test this but I've been working on various images myself and I'm running out of drive space and time (and I'm pretty sure I'm running my main SSD into the ground with all the testing) so know that your work is appreciated! I know some of other admin members were into heavily modded OSs in the past so hopefully then can test run yours. Either way I know other users are grateful for your work as well.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  12. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@00Proteus00 , unfortunately, the member, who in the past was the most interested in a heavily modded OS, was @-c0dez3ro-, but RL currently keeps him on the road at least 5 days a week. So he doesn't have much time these days. I used to enjoy a fairly modified Win 7 release by noak, but I currently have no interest in Win 10. I must say though, that the look of your releases is tempting. :)

But, like Trouba, I am grateful for and appreciate your work, and thank you very much for posting it here. It looks good and is helping to get more folks interested in the site. And most of all, your participation in the site is encouraging others to participate and contribute as well. There has been more activity lately than we have seen in the last few years. So by all means, please continue! We will all do our best to help you the best that we can.

13. Glenn

It's motivated me to work on modding again, I think that's a good enough reason for you to have posted your OS's, it's made me want to help others learn again...

So thanks from me too - I hope you enjoy my Last20 when it's released soon, it'll take you a while to go through all the changes from my previous Last10's tho, so don't base it judged on screenshots or feature lists/apps - it's way more intricate than that.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  14. 00Proteus00

I have a good "following" over at the other forum, and every build usually gets over 300 downloads within a month or two. Granted, I can be a little more "lax" with the builds over there whereas this site expects a more "polished" OS. The challenge alone and the skills I'm learning here make it well worth while. Example, I'm the only builder over there who can post a LTSC build that is auto activated when installed. Thats something I could NOT have done til I learned some of your techniques. Just going thru the scripts and seeing how things are called and where/when they are called has taught me some skills that put me on top over there.

The new machine has dramatically helped with builds. No more waiting for 2 hours for a WIM to capture and convert to ESD. 15 minutes now. Builds were taking anywhere from 6-10 hours depending how much I put in the build. ssWPI has in itself cut that in half, as well as new CPU speed. Building in under 2 hours now.

billybob62 likes this.
  15. Glenn

It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes just to clean up my sysprep updates using cleanmgr.exe yesterday and at the end of it my HDD developed a tick.. it's not good when you work on crap hardware, but I don't earn money at all anymore, so wont be upgrading when it all dies, I'll be downgrading to my old 2013 laptop when that happens. my PC is a 2014 build.

16. Trouba

All the hardware in my main PC is Sandy Bridge era, except I suppose the SSDs. For main OS drive I have a 240gb SanDisk Ultra (it has ultra in name but is actually an economy drive) and a secondary 480gb Crucial SSD and a 1TB WD HDD. The SanDisk I had low expectations for, as I usually use Crucial but the SanDisk has been quite good although it's getting to be real slow (in waves, strangely) where it comes to writes. So I'm anticipating that one is going out soon.

I never used to be an Ebay person but since that is now the only place you can find replacement parts for older systems I took a chance a couple of times and it worked out well. I replaced the 2500k CPU with a 2600k (i7) which I got for $80 on Ebay and it is a good chip. I only have 16gb ram at most in any PC here, but its default clock is 2133mhz which really does help speed up things.

What takes the longest for me when updating images is just the updating and configuring and cleaning in the sysprep VM. Once I give the sysprep generalize command it won't take 1 minute to complete. Then, mounting the VHD (VM is in VHD format already: VirtualBox is great) I run my capture script using the WAIK (or WADK) ppApp(s) and this takes less than 5 minutes. So really good components even from Sandy Bridge era (Z77 chipset, etc.) can give really good results (and sound faster than yours, 00Proteus00 :p ).

SSD rant: One thing I have never actually tried, and keep thinking about doing, but also not being sure about, is: Secure Erase for SSD's. Some SSD makers provide software suites for their SSDs and have this function -- for example SanDisk has it but NOT for my type of drive (not supported) while it does for more expensive drives. There are Secure Erase functions in certain apps -- AOMEI Partition Assistant for example -- but there seems to be no consensus as to what they actually do. Some apps/manufs cite Secure Erase simply as a zero-writing function, which it definitely should not be (isn't). Other says that "Secure Erase" proper is actually a voltage sweep of the nand cells, which is why it only takes a few seconds to do a Secure Erase. Then, I thought MiniTool Partition Wizard had this function, but when I read the web article mentioning Secure Erase it just tells you to go to Wipe Disk and choose any of the zero-write or other options, which is definitely NOT what Secure Erase is supposed to be. Secure Erase (not Secure Erasing, etc.) is supposed to be a reconditioning of the SSD that returns it to factory condition, by means of voltage sweep. The way I read that is: IF your drive can withstand it; i.e., it may brick your SSD. This subject is so unclear and I can't get straight answers about it. Anyone try Secure Erase proper and what app did you use? I'd like to be able to do it from a PE.

17. Glenn

Every time you apply any voltage to a SSD cell you are using a little bit of it's life, I imagine placing a higher voltage across a whole chip of memory would be worse for it than a simple 0 write like Disk Wipe uses and being electrically and not magnetically set would also mean it is unrecoverable (at least very complex and not something you could do at home). I'd rather have incomplete data on my HDD's than to zap/pulse/cycle them (even if it is a "feature"), you think a HDD company is going to advertise the fact it shortens it's life to do a rapid erasure on their SSD, no they are just going to let you do it and in a few months when it stops (and I think it will), they'll just sell you a new one.

The Freezer likes this.
  18. Trouba

You're probably right, Glenn, or it wouldn't be so hard to find solid information about it.

19. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Been trying to snag this however I can't find any sources via the Magnet link.

20. 00Proteus00

try this

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:46A7D5E5335E79FC87A4870249B8589B71C544AD