MegaGamesRetro 2019

Discussion in 'EMUlation Packs' started by Glenn, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Left and Right on controller to pick your System:
    [​IMG]

Up and down to pick the Game you want to play:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    http://team.lastos.org/MegaGamesRetro/MegaGamesRetro-1RomEdition.7z

By downloading and Extracting this to the root of a HDD, you will be able to add ROMs for MANY systems:

3DO
    AmstradCPC
    Atari2600
    Atari5200
    Atari7800
    AtariJaguar
    AtariLynx
    AtariST
    Commodore64
    CommodoreAmiga
    FBA
    Mame
    MicrosoftWindows
    MicrosoftXBox
    MSX
    NeoGeo
    NeoGeoPocket
    Nintendo3DS
    Nintendo64
    NintendoDS
    NintendoEntertainmentSystem
    NintendoGameBoy
    NintendoGameBoyAdvance
    NintendoGameBoyColor
    NintendoGameCube
    NintendoWii
    NintendoWiiU
    PC (DOS)
    ScummVM
    Sega32x
    SegaCD
    SegaDreamcast
    SegaGameGear
    SegaMasterSystem
    SegaMegaDrive
    SegaSaturn
    SNES
    SonyPlaystation1
    SonyPlaystation2
    SonyPSP
    Turbografx-16
    Turbografx-16CD
    ZXSpectrum

Usage and Configure:
    Then by running Portable.exe it will allow you to keep it on a USB disk or internal HDD (depending on your uses), you configure your controller for EmulationStation. Then once you run a RetroArch Core (Emulator) you can press TAB to open the menu, then Press Backspace to go back a Menu, scroll Accross to "Configure" Menu (First item is Drivers), then scroll down to Input and press Enter.

Pick User 1 Binds, then set them all at once by Pressing Bind All (Don't worry if you mess it up, you can try again by pressing buttons on the controller until done, then use the arrow keys and the Enter key to re-start.

You can continue with as manu controllers and/or users who will be using your Emulation Box at once (I have 4 players on mine configured with a XBOX Wifi Adaptor and 4 XBox360 Wireless gamepads).

If you add ROMS to the folder's subfolder for your system then it should auto add most systems (Except PC, DOS and Windows which I have examples locally but not in this pack).

The theme Applied to EmulationStation is a mod I did of someone elses work, it looks nice on a 42" TV and is even usable on my 24" QHD screen. I called this theme Retroitis, because ones you start using it, you get the itch to keep playing :)

If you don't know where to get roms:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJHH5rRM9w9gp85DkwL8pSnFPjRlUvIlY
    This guy has many AIO's for each system and most have Screenshots and Descriptions included that will work.

http://www.portalroms.com/

https://www.planetemu.net/roms/sony-playstation-games-usa

http://www.romsuniverse.com/

http://the-eye.eu/public/rom/

You can get many free ones and Public Domain from here (There is a LOT of forign Languages and duplicates or Entire Version Histories tho):
    https://archive.org/details/tosec

I also had a lot of luck just typing the name of the game and putting ROM Download after it in google search to find them.

Please let me know if you use this or need a hand with anything, I mainly made this so my kids could experience older games that I used to enjoy.

The Freezer likes this.
  2. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Nice. Very nice.

I'm an Atari-fan, myself; so I've a lot of those 2600/7800 and Jaguar ROMs. And, oh yes... the Atari 8-bits (800, XL, XEG, etc.). I use Altirra for those -- in fact, I had made a ppGame for it that I had never gotten around to releasing yet.

For the Jaguar, I'm still seeking a copy of the BattleSphere (Gold preferably) ROM. It was released in very limited quantities long after the Jag was discontinued. Also, emulators for the JaguarCD addon (and its CD-ROMs) are even rarer or very poor at best.

3. Glenn

4. The Freezer

Really. That's amazing and incredible. How the hell did you find those? And so quickly? I've looked and looked... Everyone I talked to said it was unlikely if not impossible!

Maybe it's the water over there down under :what:

5. Glenn

I just googled for the following without quotes

"battle sphere rom download"

I found at least 10 sources for it and 4 packs it was included in, including TOSEC ones that are almost legal (Universities use to host them as a backup archive).

Really the only things I can't find (well not often) is Education Text Books and Paywall info and Educational/Special videos. You just need to learn some trusted sources as so many malware sites exist now, I am so glad Last10 tweaks include a quality hosts file and AdBlock Addons for browsers work so well.

6. The Freezer

Did you just LMGTFY me ?!? LOL

::Sigh:: maybe it was just time for it to appear. I've been tinkering with Atari ROMs & EMU's since about January when I first found out that the latest Flashbacks were using Stella. I did look for Battle Sphere; but only in the same places I had been getting my Stella & Altirra ROMs. Mainly my ed2k and torrent sources (that I trust). It never even occurred to me to check the big G. They're so warez sensitive anymore, who would've thought? Huh.

Come to think of it I'll bet DDG has quite a few listed as well -- besides no tracking they seem more liberal with their warez policing.

7. Glenn

That link you shared got stuck on click here, but it never did, it's stuck and I don't know what to do :p

Really tho, roms and images for other OS's can't get you infected in windows, if you take the safeguards I mention above then you can safely download them from anywhere.

Oh one other thing I forgot was I use Quick Java Script Switcher, I only allow a few pages, the rest have nothing scripty, I also use Flash Control with the same configuration. This means that the only thing a bad site can do is request notifications (which I manually deny, hmm I might go see if I can find a auto disabler for that too, might make it a little easier to ignore them too).

-EDIT-

Nah, doesn't exist :( you can turn off the real one, but the one sites like adf.ly etc use are rendered with html5 and still are shown.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  8. The Freezer

BP was telling me that that since releasing Retro you've found many better packs than yours and that they include all their roms -- if one is willing to download 240GB+ as a torrent. To paraphrase... LOL

I think I'm willing ;)

9. Glenn

https://www.arcadepunks.com/

They have packs from all different setups, you may have to search youtube for some of the releases to know for sure what your getting. I've not downloaded from them as I am going through each rom one at a time and picking out the ones I think are still fun to play so my kids can have access to them.

The Freezer likes this.
  10. The Freezer

I know what you mean. I'm only part way through the Atari 8-bit .ROM's. Seems almost nobody created the proper header for them as .CAR's instead -- which has the meta-data needed for the cartridge type & size etc. that Altirra launch (without asking for that info). :what:

11. The Freezer

Ugh.
    upload_2019-7-19_11-53-16.png
    Even when they say they don't they still do.

I never whitelist any site. Ever.

Unfortunately that leaves me with many sites I can never access. Does anyone know of a way to safely navigate around blocks like this? (a sandboxed-browser perhaps?)

12. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I have had a very occasional success right-clicking the browser page and "inspecting" the source, not "viewing" it but "inspecting" it. (That's what it's called on Chrome.) Then I try to delete the element that contains the offending notice and layer that contains it, continuing to move "up" the source until the page shows clearly and allows me to scroll it and click past. It all depends how their site is set up. Sometimes, if you're lucky, if you are able to get past the notice their software is set up to assume that everything is OK and you are not bothered until you next return to the site. But you also sometimes get sites that automatically refresh each page fairly often so you can never get past the page that has the notice. Worst case, I have disabled my ad blocker and used a different browser that I don't usually use just long enough to get what I want, then re-enabled it as quickly as possible. I usually just try to find what I want on a different site.

I just tried this method on "Arcade Punks", and looking around very minimally it seems to sort of work. You'll have to delete the element on each page you go to, but it's just a single element, so quick to delete, and the page doesn't seem to auto-refresh, so you might be able to deal with the hassle long enough to get what you want. Good luck!

The Freezer likes this.
  13. Glenn

The Freezer likes this.
  14. The Freezer

I use the uBlock Origin extension for Opera but it has something similar for adding filter(s) manually. Opera has a built-in ad-blocker but can only manage (external) block lists and whitelisting sites. uBlock Origin is more effective.

Anyway, that filter works only partially well. I have to F5 refresh frequently; but at least I can navigate the site in-between pop-ups.

BP's solution is more permanent while you're on a particular page. For example: https://www.arcadepunks.com/roms-for-arcade-and-console-emulation/

Thanks, guys! :)

15. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

AdBlock, with Glenn's filter fix, on Chrome seems to work quite well at ArcadePunks to hide those annoying nags without having to F5 refresh frequently, at least on my limited looking around. And my suggestion can always be implemented on any problem pages that "pop up". :) Anyway, I'm glad we were able to help.

16. The Freezer

17. kevins

kevins Guest

It tells me that it has not found the file.

How can I configure it says invalid.
    I downloaded the main post.

I must configure the game with a remote control or with my pc keyboard

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2019