Miscellaneous discussion (SetupS)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Trouba, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Freezer, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make "ppGame.mp4" stay outside the ppGame.7z with SetupS Editor, I've tried searching for "jpg" in all .au3 files and added "mp4" in the same places it was found, but this isn't doing it... I was thinking maybe I'll need to add a movie preview to the form and update that with it for it to apply it, but it seems very strange to me that I'd need to do this.

If you have time would you please be able to direct me to where I need to change? or if you aren't sure yourself anymore and have any time to work on it, please add remarks with .mp4 to each line you edit to make it work so I can update my Beta that added the changes.
    Code:
    ---------------------------------------------
    v22.08.04.0 (Aug 04, 2022)
    CHANGE: [Category.ini] Updated to include More Game Categories.
    CHANGE: [Definitions.ini] Updated to include More Game Category Menus.
    ADD: Icons and Faders for new categories.
    CHANGE: [Tools] Updated 7Zip to v22.01
    v22.07.05.0 (July 05, 2022)
    ADD: [ssControlPanel] -SortDefaults switch added to disable the checkbox in SetupS Control Panel
    CHANGE: [Tools] Updated 7Zip to v22
    CHANGE: [MenuDefaults.ini] Updated to include Windows 10 and Windows 11 links
    Found in my team folder.

For now, only ssWPI will support the .mp4 feature as I am at a loss as to why it wont exclude the .mp4 so I can preview games movies before I choose to install them (etc), I will add support for ppApps and ssApps to use them if I can get this SetupS Editor and SetupS installer to behave :D

-EDIT-

Nevermind...

LOL REALLY!!!

W:\SetupS.Project_v22.09.04.0_DevelopersPack\Source.Code\ssEditor\7z.SetupS.lst

Yeah why didn't I look there earlier, so simple when I extended my file search from .au3 to EVERYTHING in the folder... Ha Ha Ha

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    bphlpt and Ghost like this.
  2. Glenn

I see the issue now, seems Freezer's re-write of the .app file is for some reason adding Architecture (if it goes in %ProgramFiles(x86)% it'll set the arch to be x86 only, even though it's not, and the x64 gets that added if you go to %ProgramFiles%(if you don't supply one in the original .app, in my current testing)... anyway when the x86 only is set, it wont make shortcuts.. so that was a fun one ;)

I'll put this here so I remember, now to make it not do that :D

-EDIT-

Trouba this will fix the long time bug of it not sorting as expected... sooo glad I finally found it

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    Trouba likes this.
  3. Glenn

As I have Absolutely no idea what I am doing with editing freezers code, I am just going to open the gates... if you have a x86 only app on your x64 machine, my versions of SetupS will still make the link and the same for x64 on a x86 OS. Until freezer has some time to spare to add a proper fix, this is how it'll have to be. I edited the code to include ;Glenn 2023 near the two gates I opened, so an easy find for him to implement a true solution, but I guess the best fix would be to make apps that have no Arch specified in the .apz's version of the .app file, keep not having one in the re-written .app output... remember it only does it when it detects it's being installed into %ProgramFiles(x86), but has also added Arch = 2 (x64) to ones that go to %ProgramFiles%, so I have no idea how he builds up the re-written .app file, it seems like magic to me.

I will release this version with the speed fix as NOBODY uses the folders I skip and it makes a massive difference.

Trouba likes this.
  4. Glenn

http://www.lastos.org/team/glenns/SetupS2023/23.3.13/

https://www.lastos.org/tools/ssWPI/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

Added new SetupS to ssWPI, just used new compiled ssWPI.exe so same version number for Games Launcher.

I also updated my Apply.Last11.Tweaks_2023.03.13_Win10_x64_ssApp.apz so that it hides the fnr.exe window (flashes cmd windows up flat out) during a regen/menu sort and when you pick it from ssWPI.. so looks nice now. I also updated the script and edits so they don't take as long (not needed anymore), my UAC set to 5 was still in the script and I never updated it to add the right reg files, so it's all better now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Trouba likes this.
  5. Glenn

*** DON'T USE THIS Version, use the previous one ****

* Notes for new SetupS v23.03.26.0:
    This now can be compiled by AutoIt v3.3.16.1 (The latest version)
    The newer AutoIt's make it so I had to disable 7z Progress bars in ssEditor (UDF\7zRead.au3) this was causing it to not build .apz .pgz from the SendTo menu (just quit ssEditor without making a working .apz (missing .app files etc))
    The Tidy au3 Routines in the latest AutoIt is broken and hangs when using the AutoIt3Wrapper called from the build cmd file.
    The newer versions of AutoIt do not include a compiled version of AutoIt3Wrapper.exe, so I included one in the patch.7z
    Many of the WinAPI's are included by default so the includes have been remarked out
    In the Icons.au3 I have included a variable to make the scripts backwards compatible, this can be remarked if you want to use older AutoIt's to compile it.

The main reason I have hacked at SetupS is because when I plug my USB stick with LastOS's into PC's with Windows Defender or other antivirus's it was deleting SetupS and StartWait.exe due to it being compiled with an older version of AutoIt and including code within the compiled .exe's that's Hash matched a type of malware called "Bearfoos.A!ml", I can't have my USB sticks being modified on me by AV software as when I need an installation method, it would really suck without ssWPI or SetupS working for it.

http://www.lastos.org/team/glenns/SetupS2023

https://www.lastos.org/tools/ssWPI/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

Added new SetupS to ssWPI, just used new compiled ssWPI.exe so same version number for Games Launcher. These include the new compiled StartWait.exe

All going well these updates will solve the issue, I'll update my local build and go plug it into a PC with AV and see what happens :D

-EDIT-

StartWait.exe still gets detected as malware in Defender, but SetupS doesn't now, so half a win, you just need to allow it for it to function, but it may get deleted if your not paying attention.

I have also noticed a weird bug where it's randomly changing to the Kazz menu, if anyone else gets this please let me know so I can debug it, it may just be because my system has leftovers from partial SetupS changes.

-EDIT-
    It seems to be a issue with hotkeys and it executes start menu shortcuts depending on which keys you press, Ctrl + A seems to update the hosts file, Shift + 0 Seemed to Sort as Kazz... So this version of SetupS is dangerous and should be reverted to the 23.03.13 version. You will need to use SetupS Control Panel to re-make all the start menu shortcuts by picking your menu style on the first page and pressing Begin.

*** DON'T USE THIS Version, use the previous one ****

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  6. Glenn

https://www.latsos.org/team/glenns/SetupS2023/23.05.15/

I have updated he new version of SetupS to work better for PicnicOS and AIO designs as it will scan all drives for ppApps folders instead of just the set one, if you don't want this you can change the setting in ssControl Panel.
    I also updated it to put SendTo shortcuts for the Default user (new users), this means including SetupS inside your PicnicOS's (part of SysPrep), it'll work as intended as the SendTo items were missing, this may not work on XP, but the extra files it creates, will not hurt anything either and can just be deleted if they bother anyone.

I updated the menu sorting ssApps to scan all drive letters also, you can keep using v1.0 if you don't want this, but I feel that 99% of us would prefer that all ppApps\ folders on any drive letters should be integrated into their OS's.

chevy350 likes this.
  7. Glenn

Just a note, I tried to use SetupS.SendTo.Suite_v23.09.13.0_ssApp.exe in my Windows 10 x86 and it refused to install, it did copy the ssApp.* files, but the actual installer was not called (I ran the installer Install.SetupS_v23.09.13.0.exe contained within the other exe and it installed fine, so either a script is messed up, a loader is the wrong arch or something, or it's a glitch, either way, it may be worth a testing to see what's going on, only affects x86 so not a huge issue, but I also don't know when the issue presented, I am working on another project currently, but will see what I can figure out once I have time, just thought I'd share incase anyone else notices issues with it.

8. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Personally I do not bother with anything x86 anymore. Most systems in the last few years can run x64. Have any of you been forced to use x86 for any reason recently? I HAVE come across a few very old systems that can only x86 but have told those people that the systems are just too old to run any current software and it is time to upgrade.

9. Glenn

Because I work with refurbished laptops that were destined for the tip, I have had a few x86 only laptops, I refuse to install any single core or atom processors as these drive me insane to install and I can only imagine how bad the end users experience would be, se we just keep them for parts and steal the ram/HDDs out of them.

The chrome books are the biggest waste product I've found, google refuse to update them to anything newer than 2021, meaning the exploits since then are unlatched, the stupid part is I install windows 11 on them and they run the new versions of chrome fine, but they only have a 16 to 32GB eMMC disk in them, so you'd need a SD card to make windows 11 usable. Feels like such a waste to throw out a 14" laptop with touch screen etc. The ARM surfaces are also a waste because they lock the BIOS so you can't run Linux on them, so also a 13" hi res touch screen goi g to waste as all the apps on the store can no longer be downloaded on ARM32... just stupid not unlocking the UEFI at the end of their support life.

10. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

you could try an eairlier version located in the Archives folder on the github repo so we can track down when the error occured.

11. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

i never liked the chrome books when they first came out as it relied heavely on a stable fast intrernet connection just to type a letter. Cheap and nasty piece of hardware comes to mind.