Moving to AnyDesk from Teamviewer - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Jan 26, 2020.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I am tired of the "commercial use detected" messages I get after using TeamViewer on my own PCs and going through the BS that they want to remove that limitation. I have looked at AnyDesk to use in place of it. What are your thoughts on their software?

https://anydesk.com/en

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

They are already in the LastOS repository as a ppApp, I prefer it to TeamViewer which I despised from the start.. I stuck with LogMeIn for a long time (until I stopped working on remote systems), but I have started using AnyDesk myself.. so it means it does the job ;) IMO

zdevilinside likes this.
  3. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Cool! I hadn't noticed that. I prefer AnyDesk to TeamViewer too now that I am using it on a regular basis. LogMeIn was good for awhile but I just got tired of their BS and it not working on remote systems too.

4. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

Never tried AnyDesk. Used to use Logmein, after or before that I used Remotely Anywhere (it had commercial, professional look to it, including fairly high complexity when compared to Logmein and needed a crack license long as your arm but at least it worked :whistle:), but that was by the same company behind it as Logmein I believe, or they acquired it at some point.

Logmein turned out to be a pest, especially installed on Macs, was un-removable except by OSX reinstall. Also I think they ended free use or restricted it to the point it was useless.

I switched to TViewer and run that for years now. At first I used free for private use but the irony was, to get familiar with it, I opened and closed several remote sessions in succession to learn how it works and got flagged for commercial use. Not sure now how I got out of it to be able to continue using it. I think I sent email with complaint to support and was OK again. Never got that again, maybe they relaxed the criteria for commercial detection?
    But that upset me anyway and I started to use cracked TV from torrents but as years went by, the medicine frequently failed or didn't take at all, and I went back to free version for private use and didn't have any problem with it since.

Except on one friends PC I installed it by mistake as commercial use and found I couldn't connect to him, was told, at least one side had to have paid license... I uninstalled (deleted setting) and installed it again, this time making sure it was for private use, but still it was for commercial use... That was just this time it happened, otherwise I can't say bad word about TV. Its virtue is, it connects reliably and once connected, it holds on like a pitbull and is fast. With previous remote soft, the connection was at best times somewhat shaky and slowing, bogging down, and apart from Logmein, had to mess with ports forwarding.

I might give this AnyDesk a look. OK, I just thought of another big virtue of TViewer, it is its wide acceptance out there. Like last year, I needed support from a forum member to set up config.json file on my router to make Bell FibeTV work without their Hub hardware and the guy just said, what's your TV ID and we spent many hours working on it, reconnecting sessions (due to router reboots which took the sessions down of course), was a very heavy use of TV for hours at a time, over several days and I didn't get flagged for commercial use...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020