New system....

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Dec 27, 2018.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I got a new laptop to replace the one that was stolen. I picked up an Alienware 17 R5 with an i7-8750H, 8GB RAM, 1060 video card and a Killer Networks 802.11AC card. The 32GB RAM upgrade is on its way along with a 500GB Samsung 970 Pro and 2TB Firecuda drive. It still is not as good as my old system but it is a start.

I am going to use this until I can afford to get a new Clevo system with an i9, 64GB RAM and a 1080 video card. When we get that, this computer will be handed down to the wife. Who here would love to have this system "handed" do to you in a few months? ;) :p

JeremyLopez05, bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  2. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Well, count me in if you're looking for volunteers... :)

zdevilinside likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

WOW, I still have a .. I think 4th GEN Intel i7 lappie, it seemed fine until I read this .. NOPE , I am way behind LMAO

I use my lappie for ALL DATA - auto mechanics and other things , but I bet someone would love that hand down for sure, kid going to collage ..

4. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

The one I had was a 4th Gen i7 - but it was the i7-4790k CPU (yes, a laptop with a desktop CPU), 32GB RAM and hard drives galore. It more than met my needs but I couldn't find another one used for the life of me. :(

What is the most recent update to ALLDATA that you have been able to get? Is it 3.45?

5. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Not sure what version it is, I have not used it in awhile but will check it out by tonight