OS MODDED BY USERS WHISH

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by mircea, Aug 10, 2021.

1. mircea

mircea Member

SO THIS POST IS FOR ANY USSERS THAT WANT A WINDOWS [ANY WINDOWS]MODDED BY USERS WHIS.PLEASE POST HERE ANY WHISH FOR A MODDED WINDOWS[ANY WINDOWS].WHO WILL DO THIS WINDOWS?ANYOANE THAT HAVE KNOWLEGE.

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Why don't you begin? :D

mircea likes this.
  3. mircea

mircea Member

FOR ME FOR EXAMLE..I WHIS A MODDED WINDOWS WHIT WALLPAPER THAT IS CHANGING ACORDING SEASSONS....

I WILL DOIT IF I HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE.OFCOURSE I COULD ASK FOR HELP..BUT I MAKE A MISTAKE AND MAYBE MY BEST FRIEND FROM HERE IS STILL UPSEAT.

4. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

No, just don't insult people and F too much and you can do anything you want :) So, what kind of modded OS do you want? The changing wallpaper idea would have to be done with an app. Did you ever find one?

mircea likes this.
  5. mircea

mircea Member

IM SORRY TROUBA...i am really.LET JUST SEE WHAT OTHERS USERS WANT TO HAVE...IN THIS WAY IF ANYOANE WANTS TO MAKE A NEW[LASTOSXP,OR LASTOS7,OR LAST8,OR LAST10OS]AND UPDATED OS WILL HAVE A POINT TO START :)

I DONT EVEN NOW WHAT TO LOOKING FOR;)

AND OFCOURSE WE USERS WILL NEED AN AUTOMATE BUTON OR A PROGRAM THAT AFTER WINDOWS WILL INSTALL TO MAKE A FULL BACKUP ON A STICK OR SOMTINKS ELSE SO THAT ALL TO BE SECURED.

Trouba likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

There is too many system configurations of hardware to automate a Backup. The best option is to learn one yourself to do it manually, I use terabyte true image and trouba uses @active disk image or something, I do mine from the installed OS and restore it from my Last20 PE (boot windows).

As for ideas for OS mods. I included and continue to share all my ideas, that is why there is so many. Lots of LastOS team members ideas and many "borrowed" features from others mods are included in all LastOS's. So if you happen to find another mod with cool features, please share them and even upload related files.... Will save is time and we can include them in the repository. I never saw a need to integrate mods into OS's anymore when ssWPI with SetupS can do almost anything to a vanilla OS.

mircea likes this.
  7. mircea

mircea Member

SO A MODDED WINDOWS WHIT WALLPAPER THAT IS CHANGING ACORDING SEASSONS its possible to be integrated in the new[updated version] ssWPI with SetupS ?

00PROTEUS00 have may icons [by whinter type].Its possible that even icons to be changed acording whit seasons and integrated in the ssWPI with SetupS ?

I think a beautiful modded windows its all about The Color of Magic...
    by Terry Pratchett's :):emoji_bangbang:

8. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@mircea, it sounds to me that what you are looking for isn't really a modded windows at all. I think that the effect you are looking for can be accomplished by some sort of app that changes the theme, including both wallpapers and icons, at some sort of schedule. Such an app, assuming it could be made, could then be applied, through SetupS, to any of the various versions of Windows to achieve the look you want. I know that it's a built-in Windows function to be able to change wallpaper at regular intervals, so it seems like this "app" just needs to change the theme through a scheduled task, changing the icons and the wallpaper locations based on what month it is. I don't know if I could make such app very easily, that's really not my thing, but I'm sure someone could, maybe even you.

As to "The Color of Magic" by Terry Pratchett, isn't that a book, not a modded Windows? Maybe it's a theme based on scenes from the book? Do you have a link where you saw that?

mircea likes this.
  9. Glenn

There is some mods out there with Discworld themes. also bphlpt explained what I was trying to say, just as you have themes and apps on your phone, the same is for windows, the only piece that is missing is the scheduled task or automation. I could write a script to add a task and change the theme/icons/wallpaper, but as it will no doubt have issues with some systems and take longer than I could commit to doing it.

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/07/26/c...lpaper-automatically-on-a-schedule-with-luna/

Here is one that changes it daily/nightly, but if you requested the season feature to it's maker it'll be easier to integrate it into his existing work.

mircea likes this.
  10. mircea

mircea Member

About COLOR OF MAGIC it was figure of speech[metaphor] becouse i like Discworld Movies and themes and christmas theme,and STARWARS THEME[LIKE 501,Old Republic etc.

It will be very nice a script to be easier for somoane to try to make this kind of App.Its no rush...we will be here when its ready.

Ideea is as GLENN pointed an figured out...its about a script that will help for this App to be created...there are so many beautiful icons on internet and desktop wallpaper...and will be easy to put all together and just to set when u want to apear...But i was having ideea that to be included in to SSWPI...like when u finis instaling windows apear that control panel when u select settings[like LastOs,or KAY,or etc]

11. mircea

mircea Member

And acording whit seasons...from time to time to appear some animated thinghs like..a polar bear whit glasses that drinks a tropical drinks in a season like summer when wallpaper its on beach[just like when u are in the menu of app install and after u chose an app to install apear that beautiful icons for app that u chose to install...but we need to be flooting few seconds on the screen]

12. mircea

mircea Member

Its not o caprice from me...its a must from the past....becouse as we can see all new windows10 and 11 demand a better computers....and in this way a beautiful and good modded windows xp,or 7,or 8 will make people to say that it's not worth it to buy another new computers becouse old windows from here its moore beautiful an better than a new windows[and a new expensive computer]

13. Glenn

There is so much more to this, For instance the seasons are different in the north and the south, I am not saying any of it is hard, just that it would take many hours of work to make, then test then get it to work on different OS's etc, also the UAC will stop scripts and if it were a quick solution I'd do it, but it will be quicker to get an existing one updated to support seasons, it just is :D

mircea likes this.
  14. mircea

mircea Member

SO NOBODY HAVE A WISH?OK I THINK I WILL STILL TALK ABOUT MY WISH.FOR EXAMPLE:I WISH A WINDOWS XP FULLY UPDATED,I WISH A WINDOWS7 FULLY UPDATED[I HAVE ONE MADE BY MY DEAR FRIEND TROUBA...BUT IS NOT IN THE PUBLIC SHARE....AND I WHIS THAT ANY USER THAT CAME FOR THE FIRST TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME TO PICK UP A BRAND NEW UPDATED WINDOWS],I WISH A NEW UPDATED WINDOWS 8 64 BIT[AND MAYBE WHIT HELP FROM KAY TO BE WHIT THOSE DLL S MODIFIED TO NOT CHEK RAM AND CPU ON THE BOOTING SEQUENCE],THE SAME FOR WINDOWS 10 64 BIT.

15. Glenn

Your showing yourself the reason why this wish isn't going to happen without your time and effort to create it...

Almost Nobody is demanding OS mods anymore. It is pointless for anybody to spend 2 to three weeks working on a single modded OS that will be outdated within weeks after that when most users are happy with the choices they have.

The only reason any LastOS's of my own exist at all were because I needed them myself, public demand was high and it was fun to learn it all. No I have mastered it and everything changes, I have no time or desire to put out a new release until such time as it is warranted. As you've started, Trouba has made a great up to date OS that anyone who asks and is a known member can access. We only care for eachother here now and we like to share information. But the effort is kept for those who give us time and effort ;)

I hope this makes sense. Also if time is ever not a constraint, I'll be more than happy to contribute to your goals

mircea likes this.
  16. mircea

mircea Member

ITS OK.