PE BOOT.WIM for New Builds

Discussion in 'LastOS-Based Mods Released By Other Members' started by 00Proteus00, Mar 13, 2021.

1. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

I used AOMEI PE Builder, and made us a PE BOOT.WIM which is only 443mb and includes ALL the utilities, as well as a desktop Windows Install Icon. The links have been moved from desktop to the menu, so we now have a clear desktop to work with. Just edit the WIM and change the desktop image and its good to go with ANY new builds.

[​IMG]

I added a folder called CMD and its where I put all the commands I want to run from the PE. I create shortcuts and place them on the desktop, as well as required icons in the windows directory. Using this method, you can add an insane number of shortcuts for multiple OS's or other programs. In order to get shortcuts to work, I created an X:\ drive on my PC. Since MOST PE's us X:\ as their root, I create all shortcuts using my X:\ drive and then transfer them to the PE. Simply requires a X:\Windows & X:\cmd folder (on my PC).

Download
    Size 443mb

http://mythology.theworkpc.com/tools/bootwim.zip

If that doesnt work, just go to http://mythology.theworkpc.com and go to the BOOT.WIM page and download it from there.​

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    gavj and Trouba like this.
  2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

This is great. I love lite/small, functional LivePE's like this. Gonna play with this. Thanks Proteus (y)

EDIT: I think you need a title around here, like "00Proteus00 The Benign" or "00Proteus00 The Abundant" or "00Proteus00 The Prolific" -- what do you think? :D

3. 00Proteus00

Proteus the Master of Insanity lol. My life is TOTALLY insane at the moment.

Trouba likes this.
  4. 00Proteus00

Pancreatic cancer. Lucky it hasnt metasticised anywhere else. Already did my chemo, now just have 26 more radiation treatments, then off to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville FL for a "Whipple Procedure". I feel like I already have this beat, since only 20% actually get to have the surgery. I will resume my normal levels of building after all that crap is behind me. I look at it like this, Im retired permanantly now so the future is going to be GO FISHING or START BUILDING.

The Freezer, bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  5. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that. My father went through it last year as well but recovered mainly with targeted radiation (platinum inserts). But he suffered a stroke later that year and he has some lingering effects from that. I am glad you are and can be retired, and hope you recover well and completely.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  6. mircea

mircea Member

I whis a good and fast recovery for u.

00Proteus00 likes this.