Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by pacav69, Nov 14, 2023.

1. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

[​IMG]

Commander X16 Developer Edition
    If you already know about the Commander X16, and have been waiting for the release, then read no further! If this system is new to you, or if you’re interested in the specifications, please feel free to read on.

System specifications:

• Western Design 65C02 CPU running at 2, 4 or 8MHz selectable via jumper on-board
    • Western Design 65C22 VIA for IEC Serial, I2C and SNES Controller Ports
    • Open Socket for 65C22 USER PORT IC with 26 pin/db-25 header
    • 39.75KB of “LOW RAM” exposed to BASIC and static for use in other languages
    • 512KB of “HIGH RAM” available in 8KB selectable banks (Upgradeable to 2MB)
    • 512KB to 4MB of ROM – 512KB available in 16KB banks on the motherboard – 3.5MB available space on the expansion slot
    • VERA standalone video module supporting up to 4096 colors, many modes and SDHC card storage
    • VERA 16-Channel Programmable Sound Generation – Pulse, Sawtooth, Triangle and Noise
    • Yamaha YM2151 or YM2164 4 Operator 8-Channel FM Synthesizer IC
    • 4 60-pin expansion slots with I2C, audio inputs to mixer and full access to the CPU bus and ROM
    • The first expansion slot is right angled for cartridge use, but could be replaced with a vertical slot
    • 5 32-byte IO spaces are available on the expansion slot 2 Fast 8MHz and 3 Slow 2MHz lines
    • I2C & Audio Expansion header
    • Microchip MCP7940N I2C Realtime Clock with RAM with battery for Profile storage
    • PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard ports
    • Standard 20 or 24 pin ATX power supply connector support
    • Updates for the VERA, System ROM and System Microcontroller can be installed on-system via software
    More information here

Attached Files: