Sandboxie

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by bphlpt, Sep 30, 2019.

1. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

https://www.sandboxie.com/

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SANDBOXIE VERSIONS

Sophos is excited to announce that we are making Sandboxie a free tool, with plans to transition it to an open source tool.

This new evolution of Sandboxie is one we are enthusiastic about, but that does not mean this was an easy decision to make. Sandboxie has never been a significant component of Sophos’ business, and we have been exploring options for its future for a while.

Frankly, the easiest and least costly decision for Sophos would have been to simply end of life Sandboxie. However, we love the technology too much to see it fade away. More importantly, we love the Sandboxie community too much to do that. The Sandboxie user base represents some of the most passionate, forward thinking, and knowledgeable members of the security community and we didn’t want to let you down.

After thoughtful consideration we decided that the best way to keep Sandboxie going was to give it back to its users – transitioning it to an open source tool. We will release more information about the open source project as we continue to work on the details.

Until the open source transition is completed we have decided to make all restricted features of Sandboxie completely free.

To download the latest version of Sandboxie (Win 7, 8.1 and 10 only, this will NOT work on XP) Click here

Please, feel free to join our Forums for updates.

Glenn, The Freezer and Trouba like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I'll try for a ssApp of this when I get a chance, it wont work as a ppApp as it requires a Driver and a Service.

bphlpt and The Freezer like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I put latest free version up, should work for you all, but I've only tested on Win 10 x64.

bphlpt likes this.