Something strange (in your neighborhood)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by pacav69, Dec 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

I have this new computer a ASUS TUF Dash F15 (2022) and i go to reinstall win11/last11 and after the startup and answer a few questions when it comes to 'which drive do you want install it to?' there is no drive visible. Upon investigation, bios does not show the SSD but here is the strange part windows 11 that was installed on the computer works fine.
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have sent an email to ASUS customer support and shall await for their response.

Any thoughts?

Ghost likes this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

3. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Also there is the 3 faults with Win 11 also, 1) Secure Boot - 2) TPM 2.0 - 3) CPU/hardware. at this point that laptop will do 10/11 fine, might have to disable the 2 first as cpu/hardware is fine.

pacav69 likes this.
  4. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

did yours not come with win 11 already installed ?

this is the one i have ..
    ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2022) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 300Hz IPS FHD Display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti,Intel Core i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB SSD, Per-Key RGB Keyboard, Windows 11 Home, G533ZW-AS94

Ghost and pacav69 like this.
  5. pacav69

Thanks ghost.
    The first link led me to the right area and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver was what i needed. I just copied the driver to the usb and loaded the driver manually and then setup displayed the drives.

I will intergrate the drivers at a later point perhaps next year.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    Ghost likes this.
  6. pacav69

Yes win11 was already installed but i wanted to know how to install win11 from scratch and see if there was any complications just in case i get something strange like a virus or something becomes corrupt.

-c0dez3ro- and Ghost like this.
  7. pacav69

Yes the Last11 didn't boot so i used vertoy and added it to the bios so that i could boot successfully.

Ghost likes this.
  8. pacav69

I have found that if in the BIOS Intel Volume Management Device (VMD) technology is disabled then the drive appears in bios main menu and windows install.

******* A word of CAUTION if you disable VMD in BIOS then the windows that is installed on the computer will not boot up.

more info on how to remove VMD safely here

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    Ghost likes this.
  9. pacav69

Also i noticed that after booting up LAST11 my trackpad was not recognised however if there was a USB mouse connected the mouse cursor was working.