strange windows lol

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by -c0dez3ro-, Jul 20, 2015.

1. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

has anyone had this happen
    Untitled-1.jpg

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

That is usually cause by modded .dll files whose resource ID's differ from the MUI's label's ID's, eg: when a non english .dll is used on an English Windows version - AKA I blame the themer/theme you used!

3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Hehe, looks like Windows Update updated one of your modded theme files

EDIT: LOL, I wrote the above yesterday and didn't click "post reply" but the forum remembered what I wrote, so there it is :)

4. -c0dez3ro-

yea ive not used any modded file for any dll files thats has todo with that window
    ,im gonna install again

5. Trouba

Well, except that the entire windows looks modded :)

6. -c0dez3ro-

only the side image , im sure thats not the problem but who knows im going to install a new OS now

7. Trouba

Yeah, deeply modded VS's are usually not worth the trouble, but it can be fun if you don't use WU too much :)

8. -c0dez3ro-

i just finished install my OS .. ive been using the one u posted , with win8 boot . install all the updates that i needed . i have not install any themes

UxStyle_v0.2.1.1_(up.to.Win7) or Theme.Resource.Changer_v1.0 have not been installed either.

so far no strange windows lol

edit: update installed the 2 apps above and im good so far

9. Trouba

Hehe, so you're on a lite OS now, that's another potential scenario for stuff breaking :) Not really, I've been running lite Win7 x64 installs for like a year now, no problems. Win7 updates shouldn't really break that much stuff anymore, since MS stopped making performance- and feature-oriented updates for Win7 already.

10. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

If not the theme, then it is a deleted or corrupted file ;) maybe your HDD is dying (is that a better option for you?) :p

-EDIT-

Oh - if it's a lite OS, then it might be a component removed file and not cause by a physical install (instead baked in to the install media).

11. Trouba

No I think he was saying that he just reinstalled with a lite OS, if I'm not mistaken. MS should really have a direct line to you c0de, they would have been at Win11 by now :D

bphlpt, -c0dez3ro- and Glenn like this.
  12. -c0dez3ro-

i figured out what it was. i forgot to remove wucltux.dll file from my icon res pack . so its all good now

edit: yea yea i know stop modding so many files lol . i really only have these
    Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Trouba likes this.