Teamviewer Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Oct 7, 2018.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I am getting the dreaded "commercial use detected" message on Teamviewer and am getting tired of the work arounds I have used in the past. What remote assistance programs do you use as alternatives to Teamviewer?

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

The only software I have personally ever used was UltraVNC.
    https://www.uvnc.com/

I used LogMeIn and it was good but VERY expensive (I wasn't paying someone else was)

I haven't used any other Remote software EXCEPT the built in Microsoft RDP (I use that daily on my local LAN without any problems, I control my Media Server with it).

I have used the Remote Assistance that is built in to windows when someone was sitting at the other PC remotely but this requires them to do stuff.

Generally most of the problems I used to fix were virus and internet related - meaning even if I had remote software I still wasn't able to access the PC's due to no internet and/or the virus would kick me off before I could disable it. Usually I would have to go in person to do a backup restore of these machines.

By the end of my LastXP & 7 & 8 releases I made it able to boot to a LivePE on every PC I installed and on the desktop I would put a link to TeraByte Image and showed each person how to do a Backup restore. Due to most using 2 partitions (D for Data) the OS would be reverted to a fresh install and they were back up and running in under 12 minutes (way better than anything I could do). then again I have always been aimed towards home users and don't care much for the business uses ;)

Good Luck, maybe someone else here has to deal with Remote annoyances also and can help you more.