tweaks

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by shorty25, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shorty25

shorty25 Guest

hi what tweaks are in
    Last10 Tweaks
    thanks
    shorty

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

If you extract the Last10.Tweaks.apz file it contains the ssApp.reg file with all our tweaks documented with info on how to re-enable/disable some of them. But most of the tweaks focus on optimizing speed or access to features we want. Win 10 is very fussy with many of the things it wants to let you tweak, for example setting Microsoft Edge and Photo app as the defaults for the items it can handle - so you need to use Set Default Programs to change to Chrome and Irfanview, even open with list is limited to items it has detected as installed and it will ignore portable apps now - a big step backwards, but manageable for the benefits of a unified Windows version.

3. shorty25

shorty25 Guest

thanks m8
    shorty

4. shorty25

shorty25 Guest

is last10 far off cant wait to try try it out
    thanks

5. John Massey

John Massey Guest

Hello I have been trying out The Last OS Win 10 and it is very nice... im nervous about trying out the tweaks...!

6. Glenn

The tweaks are built in to Last10 by default, so you've already been trying them out ;)

They are not there to get in your way or confuse you, just to make things run smooth and add extra features in the advanced context menus etc.

The ones found on the repository do have extra tweaks that disable Universal (modern/metro apps) and their access to the microphone, camera, location data etc, but they re simple to re enable (it will ask you again when you run an app that requires it).

-c0dez3ro- likes this.
  7. John Massey

John Massey Guest

Hello
    I have been using Last OS 10 and I love it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I successfully used the ssWPI installer ... it worked beautifully...!!!!!!!!!!

My computer runs so smoothly and quietly now.......
    Its a big change from the standard windows 7 setup.....

Alright .... the features... Great !!!

The systems programs that come with it..like system explorer and CPUz, GPUg spectacular.. i can see what my computer is actually doing...!

MY Internet experience has improved 1000 fold..! Fast ..Quick...clean...!
    The programs that come with this .. is just startling...
    The Q Bit torrent program seems to work better than uTorrent and Vuze...!

Starting any of my PC programs is like straight Lightning..! No more sitting there waiting and waiting to use a program application...
    I like that the START Panel is empty and allows me to populate it with the most useful Apps I use all the time..
    I think your ssWPI has so many great programs in it that i think I will be very satified for some time....

I like new stuff.... and this is just Great really Great...

I have never had an Optimised Operating System like this... It works so well ... all I want to do is use it...

Thanks a Million....!!!

bphlpt, pacav69 and Trouba like this.
  8. Glenn

We do not hold anything back, the goal here at LastOS is to improve upon previous builds and we're not shy about taking ideas from other modders etc and then changing/improving them to suit our needs, Last10 is not our best mod, it is just the latest, I doubt everyone could agree on which mod was the very best now as we're all fragmented in the OS we use - I am bleeding edge and use Windows 10 Insider releases, some use Win 7 and one uses XP. It used to be about modding graphics, then including the most apps, then tweaks, then reducing the install size, now it's about automating the tweaking and installing of apps on any Windows OS and the included OS is really irrelevant as it can all be done post install, so it makes more sense to just provide the post install tools, I was the only one who built and tested Last10, but as it was all based on the apps, tweaks and tools from the members at LastOS it turned out great with the minimal amount of time I could spare to build/share it. Your post is the first and only feedback about the actual results/usage I have received, which is another reason I stopped putting 16 hours a day in like I used too :D

So thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated much more than any thanks you could give and if you have any improvements or requests then don't be afraid to share/ask, long gone are the days of me getting offended in the pursuit of progress ;)

9. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

It's always good to recieve great feedback especially when it is so positive.

Live long and prosper as someone once said.