USB NO MEDIA FIX (HELP)

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Attitud1c, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Attitud1c

Attitud1c Guest

Hello there i am facing an issue as i have done my USB (32 GB) Bootable via Rufus tool,
    after installation of windows when it restarts at the end, it is showing NO MEDIA can any one help me out in this matter please.
    upload_2020-3-27_21-26-58.png

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

If this PC has a USB 2.0 port (Black ones, not Blue or Red or with a SS logo), usually these are where you plug in a Keyboard or mouse. Because the only reason a USB wouldn't be working is due to chipset or USB drivers being incompatible. so using a legacy USB 2 port or even setting Legacy support in BIOS may fix it, also doing a Windows Update post install may also fix the driver issues and it will work correctly.

There isn't enough detail supplied to see if this is a known issue or what. I mean you might even be using a Laptop/Tablet - we don't know, so let me know what your model number /brand of your motherboard/ laptop so I can look around for solutions (apart from the generic fixes I have listed).

3. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Is that free space accurate for those other drives? If so and one of them is a system drive that will cause all sorts of issues not having enough free space for the OS.

4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Hmm I wasn't reading that, I was focused on his question.

The issue may be that UAC is disabled and diskpart isn't ran as administrator, that would give weird results like that, but yeah there is bigger issues than I listed.