Why I Haven't Been Around...

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by zdevilinside, Dec 1, 2018.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

Nothing like coming home from a friend's house to find someone went Black Friday shopping a bit early at your house. They even forgot to pay for everything too.

So yes, our house was burglarized. They literally took everything including the kitchen sink. If you want to see video of the burglars that was taken before they stole the security system, let me know. Cameras recorded directly to the Internet otherwise we wouldn't have that.

Someone really screwed up my family's Christmas...

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Oh my... I'm so sorry to hear that....

Besides the material stuff, I would think the feeling of violation is hard to deal with.

I once came home and people stole my old car from my driveway. And guess what? My cameras were somehow not turned on that day... But at least they never went inside. They did catch the guy within 2 days, to then CHARGE ME $200 for having to tow the old car (by then without wheels because the guy took them off before taking the car to the metal place) back to my house, even though I didn't want it. Because it was, by then, at the tow service associated with the sherrif's office, and they of course couldn't keep it there. So yes, they actually charged me for my stolen car without wheels and with the windows smashed out which I then had sitting in my front yard because they wouldn't take it to the metal place, only to the owner... Luckily a kind man came by one day and offered me some money to get the car for old metal and he took it away.

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened to you but I hope you can have some semblance of Christmas with your family.

3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Sorry you have to deal with terrible people. nobody deserves to have that happen. I hope you had insurance as to lighten the ordeal slightly, but as Trouba has said, it does very little to resolve the mental side of it all :(

4. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

So sorry for your loss, my friend. At least your year can only get better?

5. zdevilinside

Unfortunately we did not have insurance. We cancelled it so we could afford to bring my wife's Mom down from Alaska and were going to have it go back into effect December 1. There is the proverbial comment "everything but the kitchen sink". Well, in our instance, they took the kitchen sink too.

Psychologically, this is even more devastating to me. I have a history of mental health issues and this event has pushed me into the madness territory. I truly hate being here mentally but at least I recognize it this time. In the past, I could only see it after the fact. I am trying to be very careful right now but I am constantly triggering and cycling rapidly.

IN the past, I have given up on watches after they have been stolen and on working on my car (1982 Mustang GLX Convertible with 5.0 engine) after someone tried to burglarize it. It took me 10 years to start having the passion I had for watches previously and I never returned to working on my car. I hope that isn't the case with computers. Right now, I could care less about them and how they work.

It truly is a place I do not want to be.

I setup a GoFundMe page to see if anyone that I know would help. Guess what? Very few are. I don't even get an acknowledgement that people have read it that I have sent it directly too. It makes me wonder about how they value my friendship. I have helped many in the past but when I turn to them for help, all I hear is crickets.

Screw this, I am done for awhile. If you really want to reach me, message me. I get notifications about Private Messages sent to my email so I will know.

6. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

There isn't really anything anyone can say or do, but I agree, they can at very least be there and help with real world problems until your back on your feet. The only thing I can suggest myself is to go back to some sedative type tables to keep you sleeping better, maybe slow your racing mind down enough to realize you have some health and an the ability to act now (nothing life changing while still emotional), but so long as you can achieve one thing everyday that makes you life better than the day before it, it's progress (doesn't happen easily or constantly, but please keep trying). Take a break from computers, I have been taking a big break for 12 months now - pretty sure everyone has noticed, and even before that I had dropped off to using mine for only a few hours a week. I stopped getting enjoyment or achievement from computers once I noticed everyone around me no longer cared about them and/or me. They used to invite me around for a meal/drink and to fix all the devices in their house, with LastOS tools I got this down to a quick job with the ability to restore any catastrophe fails from the backups I keep. Then nothing, no one even contacted me at all, I left social media and have pretty much given up on anything but raising my kids and ever few weekends I go Hike up mountains or beach's etc. Connecting to nature and ignoring everything else at least gives me comfort that life is worth having. I am guessing the passion will forever be linked to this terrible memory and unless you find a way to go past it, you'll get more stress from it than joy :( - for this I am truly sorry that years of you being a good person results in seeing how cold the world can be, try not to shut out the people who are offering a little warmth, being angry is fine, but you can't begin to trust people again without having a few to rely on again. It's true it is all just shit, your still left with the same circumstances and there is very little I can do to help, but you can ask, or just talk.

7. zdevilinside

Thank you Glenn for the advice. To be honest, I am not doing much of anything right now other than reading an occasional email, visiting a news site and watching videos. It is quite depressing and I find it difficult to do much else. A friend of ours (Playboy's Miss February 1969) started a GoFundMe for us but it hasn't gotten any traction. If you want to see it and make suggestions, PM me and I will send you a link. Most of us on here are quite broke most of the time and it just wouldn't feel right to post the link publicly here. If any of you want to post it on your social media to try to get around to someone that donate or help get the message across, let me know.